Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by pamelajs

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by pamelajs
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: pamelajs
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Disappointed :>(

We have cruised Royal Caribbean many times and I have to say I was very disappointed.

1- Getting on the ship was the worst I have ever seen. I was very surprised when the taxi dropped us off and we had to drag all of our baggage to where they load them in the bins to go on the ship. Of course we tipped them but I think that was to ensure the luggage got to the room.

2-Check in was super, however there were 3 people in our cabin, which meant 6 pieces of luggage. Only 1 piece was actually delivered to our cabin. We found our other pieces in front of other cabins.

3-Our cabin steward was super as was our waiter.

4-The food was not as good as it usually is..

5-The ports were super.

6-I was very disappointed in the lack of staff. When we were in the windjammer finding a server for drinks was always a chore. I couldn't believe the lack of service. Twice we had accidental spills. One time on the table at the cafe on the promenade. We scrambled for napkins to clean it up. No help was offered. Another time I spilled milk on the floor on the way to the table. Two different staff members walked by and never attempted to wipe it up. By the pool you had to hunt for a person if you wanted a drink

7-I know the ship is going in for renovations. Believe me it long over due. Lights did not light up in the elevator and you could just barely hear the person announce the floor. Our toilet stopped up on the first day. The refrigerator was jus barely cool. It hardly cooled water to drink which meant the beer and soda was not drinkable. The numbers on the safe were worn off...ended up it stuck and they had too drill it open and replace the door.

8-All that said we booked Royal for next year. I think it was a fluke.

9-I got the $20 per day drink package. You couldn't get coke at all bars because they didn't all have fountain soda. The water on the package wasn't Evian it was some cheap water that you had to get from the bar. The good thing was it included Starbucks.

Publication Date: 02/14/14