Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Harley Granny: Fun with lots of sun!

Harley Granny
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

Fun with lots of sun!

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

There were two couples...not 1st time cruises but the 1st time together.

We had so much fun.

Some particulars....

We live in Orlando so drove to the port.

We purchased the "Faster to the Fun" excursion....jury is still out if it was worth it. We did get to board 1st and the cabin was clean and ready but the luggage still showed up a couple of hours later. Not a big deal but probably would say it was worth it if the luggage got there sooner.

With the FTTF we did get to disembark right after the Diamond people which was nice. We got off at 8:30 and were home in Orlando by 10:00am.

Just a warning....after many successful rum runner attempts....I was finally busted. They got three of them, but they didn't get it all. While my husband was upset, I explained to him that hey we tried....we didn't succeed. Flame away, this and that won't stop me from trying again. While it did start out as an attempt to save $$, it ended up being nice to More enjoy having a drink in your room at your convenience.

Anyway...the rooms were great! The staff was excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to sail on Carnival again and again. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation E82

Love the balcony...great location Mid ship. Convenient to every thing.

I'm not a fan of Freeport. Unless you like the beach there really isn't much to do.

I live 40 minutes from lots of beaches so they don't interest me much. We took a taxi in to Port Lacaya $10.00/person round trip. Walked around a bit. went across the street to the Casino, lost a bit and headed back to the ship. Casino was dead.
We did the Senior Frogs thing and found it lacking. Service was slow and it was just kind of blah.
Stopped at the Harley shop to get the required shirt then back on board. (little thing we noticed...the HD shirts were more expensive at Port Lacaya than at the store near the ship).

Read 775 Freeport Reviews

(5.5)

I know a lot of people don't like Nassau and I understand that it can be a money pit. But I'm not done exploring it yet so I still love it.
I took an excursion over to Atlantis once many years ago and all I could think of was what a waste of $$ that was.
So I turned to searching out things myself.
This time we went to Graycliff Hotel...easily walked from the port...inexpensive taxis for those not able to walk. Everyone there was so nice and helpful. The guys got to buy some hand rolled cigars while we women went in search of the chocolate! We were disappointed to find out the rum tasting was only on Mondays and Fridays (they must have known we were coming).
After leaving Graycliff we headed to John Watling's Distillery (another short walk). We were early...it opens at 10am not 9am like we were told but as it was only 9:50am the very charming Christopher let us come in and wait outside the building in the shade. Promptly at 10 our tour guide shows up. Great history and bad joke teller but he was charming and you could tell he loved his job.
They let us sample the rum! Finally!
We were done there by 11:30 and decided to go do some shopping. Oh look...Senior Frogs. Sorry but I love Senior Frogs in Nassau....we like to embrace our inner Frat-person every once in awhile. What a difference in locations. The service in this one was so much better and the crowd a lot more fun. It was my husband's birthday so of course they gave him lots of attention. Just a good time! We stopped and got the required Harley Shirts, enjoyed a drink at a small bar next to it and headed back to the ship.
I hate the straw market so won't stop...I'll leave that for those that enjoy it.

Read 2631 Nassau Reviews