Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by unred: Never again

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Never again

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

This is my 4th cruise with NCL. Every Cruise was on a different ship. This ship, the Dawn, was the first I've been disappointed. I won't go into all the details, I don't want to write a short story. Here are a couple highlights.

We phoned and e-mailed both Norwegian and our travel agent to please have our single beds put together. This was not done done. After going out of our way to make such a simple thing to happen, according to Norwegian, one of us went to went to customer service. They said, No Problem. Our cabin stewart said he'd do it later as he walked by and didn't give us a chance to respond. Two hours later, as I'm trying to get the cabin organized and cloths stowed, he showed up to take care of the bed.

We do the Bar Hop on every cruise. This time the Norwegian employee ask for 4 couples to volunteer for an activity. Two same sex couples did so and where told only male/female couples could participate. After the activity the employee was pulled aside and More told how unfair this practice was, at that point Tim K., the comedian for some reason got involved as he was walking by. I joined the conversation. I said to just end the discussion and continue the fun. Tim K. Told me the employee just didn't understand the whole gay thing. She was from Mexico. I've been to Mexico. There are gay couples in Mexico.

The general attitude of the crew to to the cruisers was just not friendly. As we had our Cruise Critic meet and greet, the ships officers and ect. Just introduced them selves and left,, no Q & A,, nothing. That's the attitude of most of the staff. It deffinitly start at the top.

I usually do the pre- booking deal for my next Norwegian cruise, not this time. This cruise was a deal breaker.

I don't want you to think it was a total bad experience. I did get a cupcake for my birthday. It was a good cupcake.

I have more details but I think I'll save more for later or Trip Advisor. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 4555

The room was good. I did take a couple pictures of some mold and dirt that took three days for the stewart to clean.