Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by sueberg77

Member Name: sueberg77
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

THE ONLY WAY I WOULD GET ON THIS SHIP AGAIN, IS IF I WAS WAS DEAD

We are Diamond Plus on RCCL and Elite on Celebrity, so my point is not to brag but to say that with 50 cruises we have had alot of experience on cruiseships.

This ship has the worst personnel on it we have ever encountered.

NO, NONE, bar waiters will stop at your table on the 14th and ask you if you if you want a drink. You end up going up to the bar and they tell you to go sit down and they will wait on you. NO ONE WAITS ON YOU.

We were totally exhausted after the 14 hour flight, etc. We said to one of the waiters on the 14th "This cruising is just exhausting!" He replied: "Yeah, doin nothing???????"

The attitude of the cooks on 14th was very indifferent. They spent so much time talking to one another they would not turn around to take your order for stir fry or pasta. You could just tell that this whole ship had like a cancer in it where most of the employees disliked that passengers. I have never witnessed this before.

The variety of the food was reduced from the Reflection (a fantastic ship) about 6 months before this.

Even my beloved Cafe Bacio, the coffee bar, had an attitude, with the exception of Michael.

When I purchased a shot glass for my son in the shops, they just threw it into bag, no wrapping or anything. I asked her to wrap it for our suitcase as it was glass. She said no, they can't do that, no wrapping. No wrapping, on a ship where they have tons of paper????

Our first visit to Silk Harvest was a disaster. They tell you on cruise ships if you do not like something to tell them, they will replace it. The Pud Thai was one of the worst I have ever had. When I told the waiter this, he must have gotten mad, because all service ceased, we were not even given the special water I ordered.

I was very angry by this point, and when the head waiter asked me how everything was, I told him. He offered us to come back and have a very good waiter. We also dining at Tuscany. The sun sets where you are hit directly in your eyes by the sun, they refused to lower the shades. I complained repeatedly to the waitress Ivana and to the asst waiter. I was told the were broke. When we left, the head waiter, Vladamir, asked me how everything was. I asked him why they could not lower the shades more. He said it was the first he heard of it.

Our cabin had dirt and hair in the bathroom drawers. The bad crossing had caused our carpet to become totally soaked. I am used to attendents accomplishing their tasks without out my direction. Do I have to be told to clean my own house up if there is water all over the floor??? I let it go 2 days, hoping it would get done, not wanting to complain. We left for 2 days on the Queenstown overnight. When we returned our cabin was still sopping and the whole cabin smelled of mold. We finally brought the mat to the attendent, dripping with water. They sprayed so much scent in there even my husband could not sleep. A giant noisy fan was placed in our cabin, and this is the way we were supposed to sleep. I ran into several other passengers who also had soaked carpets.

The Lord says do whatever you do, do it with all your might, and do it for him. Who was the shining pearl on this ship? I believe her name was Chistina who worked continually in the ladies bathroom off the Ensemble lounge on the 5th floor. This little lady spent her entire time in the bathroom dispensing our soap before we could push it, turning on our water just when we needed it, and handing our towel to us just at the right time. She was so happy and sang beautifully for us. What an attitude!!!! Can you imagine what this ship could be like if they had all Christinas??? Or even close to her??

We had purchased a Premium liquor package due to my love of the Molecular bar. So I can have just about anything I want. Just ask for a margarita with a shot of Amarretto in it. I finally had enough of this ship and called the head bar waiter to explain my package to me. Yes, there is no problem with my order.

He had it placed in the computer, should I order this, I would get it. But just further problems and stress. In the US it is called an Italian Margarita.

No waiter comes to your table off of the bar on 3 to take your order either. No one came to our table in the

Ensemble lounge. And DEFINITELY NOT ON 14.

There is something majorly wrong with the crew on this ship. Firing needs to take place. Head waiters from other ships that know what they are doing need to come in and clean this ship out.

I will end here, because if you have read this far, you probably think I am a demanding old person, but I am not. We paid over $13,000 for this cruise, wouldn't you expect someone to approach you and ask you if you wanted a drink? Especially when you paid for a high priced Premium Drink package?

I would not recommend the Queenstown overnight. The bus was absolutely freezing and ruined my entire experience. Our guide was Trish, from Renissance tours. When I tried to engage her to speak with her, she refused to speak with me, and turned from me 3 times. I had never made one complaint to her before. I needed my snowmobile suit on in that bus that I use in Alaska.

Publication Date: 02/12/14