Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by mcamen

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by mcamen
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: mcamen
Cruise Date: February 2014
Cabin Category: 04
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Connie - favorite ship, so far

Just off the ship yesterday. 5 days. This was my 14th cruise (I think!), 3rd with Celebrity - and I believe it was my favorite.

Loved the ship. For me, perfect size. Large enough to have things I like, small enough not to feel crowded. I personally don't want ice rinks and rock climbing walls - just don't care about them.

Connie is 12 years old, but looked pretty much pristine. Really well taken care of. Interior design is quirky but elegant.

High points: Blu - loved it, food overall was excellent. Not sure I can ever go back to the big dining room - loved the intimacy and the impeccable service.

Cabin - AQ on 9. Again, lovely cabin, plenty of space, bathroom laid out well (shower does leak - particularly if you have on all the jets, but pool towels helped). Verandah was nice - totally covered, which I personally prefer.

Music and such - no reggae band at the pool. I LOVE that - instead, guitarist/singer, small bands, etc. Other venues: some nice chamber music, some nice jazz. Enjoyed all that stuff.

Classic drinks package - although I was afraid I would drink more, as it was free - I didn't. And really nice not worry about the bill. Plenty of premium options on the classic plan - good bourbon, scotch, vodka - etc. The only reason, IMHO, to do premium is if you want the top of the line stuff, which often is top of the line because it has a prettier bottle (I'm looking at you Chopin vodka!) If wine/beer is your thing - premium may be better, but I was happy with Sam Adams, Redstripe, etc. And the Shiraz in Blu, and Rodney Strong wines were perfectly drinkable. Martinis in the martini bar were available - just the smaller glasses.

Service - terrific, pleasant, helpful, friendly. Couldn't ask for better.

Ship in general - again, loved the layout, the design, the quirky art.

Not so great:

Theater entertainment. Did enjoy the comedy juggler guy - quite funny. Production shows, however, were dismal - silly staging and singing styles, costumes were embarrassing. There was enough talent on stage to do something, but the design/directing were very weak. I didn't expect Broadway, but come on... (can't stress enough that I'm sure many people were happy with this stuff - so just my personal feelings, as a theatre person).

Desserts. I think Celebrity food is still very good, compared to other comparable lines - but not the desserts. Not sure overall, and there were some good things - but other lines are generally better. Just nitpicking here of course - there was nothing I thought was bad (and the chocolate lava thing in blu was a standout).

Immigration in Fort Lauderdale. Maybe it's been a while, but I don't remember having to wait for an hour to go through immigration. Only 3 officers on duty. Ick. Of course, there were like 7 ships in port that day, so maybe it's better at other times.

Security at FLL - I know this has nothing to do with the cruise, but it was awful. I know it's a stressful job, but rudeness and condescension are not necessary. Flew out of Cincinnati, which was fast and pleasant, security-wise. Will rethink using FLL airport in the future.

So it was a great cruise. Would happily do it again. Booked a Bermuda cruise on Summit while on board, so I hope Summit lives up to expectations set by Connie.

Publication Date: 02/12/14