Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review by mizzou/lincoln: Great 7 Day Western Carribean Cruise

mizzou/lincoln
0 Post

Compare Prices on Nieuw Amsterdam Western Caribbean Cruises

Great 7 Day Western Carribean Cruise

Sail Date: January 2014

My wife and I went on our 5th Holland America cruise on Jan. 26th-Feb. 2nd, out of Ft. Lauderdale going on a 7-day Western Carribean Cruise aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam. We found the ship to be very nice and the layout of the ship being very similar to the other Holland ships we've been on which makes getting around easy. Again the service on Holland ships can't be beat. We've sailed on three other cruise lines and I personally think Holland's crew service is the best!

Our balcony cabin was nice and our steward kept it very clean. We had a table for two, early seating in the Manhattan Dining Room, and we had two of the best waiters anyone could ask for - very friendly and always asking if there was anything we needed. The food in the dining room was excellent. We also found the food on the Lido Deck, buffet style to be very good.We also liked being able to order coffee and breakfast in each morning. The ship's showroom was excellent. The ship has two pools which we visited More frequently. I visited their casino a lot and found the dealers extremely friendly and even talkeds to one I had met on another Holland cruise which was fun.

We love that Holland lets you stay one day on their own island, Half Moon Cay, because it probably is one of the most beautiful islands you could ever stay on! We enjoyed our stops on Grand Cayman, Cozomel, and Key West also. Finally, I would like to say the embarkation & disembarkation processes for this cruise were probably the easiest we've ever had. One final note for anyone having not sailed on Holland before - you will find that the majority of the cruisers on these ships are in the more mature age group( mostly senior citizens), which we find helps on the ships maybe being a little quieter. Less

Read more Nieuw Amsterdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Nieuw Amsterdam Review >>

Cabin review: Nieuw Amsterdam 7019

We had a balcony on the 7th deck, forward, which we find helps being a little less rocky if you encounter any rocky seas day or night.