Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by Cococure16: Brazil, Uruguay, and Argentina

Splendour of the Seas 4
Cococure16
Member Since 2014
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Brazil, Uruguay, and Argentina

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: South America
Embarkation: Santos (Sao Paulo)

This was a decent cruise. I am from the USA and I was disappointed that Royal Caribbean did not inform us that a $160 per person tourist visa is required to even board a plane to travel to Brazil. We found out at the port that a $160 per person reciprocity fee is required for Argentina.

The crew was great as usual. The room and ship were comfortable. There were about 28 out of 2000 passengers that spoke English. The majority of the cruisers were from Brazil, I found the fellow passengers to be extremely friendly. The cruise staff all spoke English and all of out tour guides on the excursions spoke English so language was not an issue.

The food wasn't great like eating at Ryan's or Golden Corral for 7 days. There were also lines for the Windjammer cafe. This was my first time experiencing lines for food on a cruise. In the end this was an efficient and affordable way to visit three countries in South America so I would recommend the cruise despite some of the flaws More mentioned above. Less

Published 02/11/14

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?