Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by kmkramer1: Simple and Enjoyable. Carnival is 1st Class.

kmkramer1
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Simple and Enjoyable. Carnival is 1st Class.

Sail Date: January 2014

This was our 5th cruise, and all have been on Carnival and all have been enjoyable. We got a great deal as we booked early!! The Liberty is a big ship and the recent upgrades really show well. The ship was clean and every crew member was friendly and helpful. We had trouble with our baggage from our airline and the Carnival representatives at the Airport went out of their way to offer assistance and makes us feel comfortable. They let the ship know we would be arriving late (after 3 PM) and we were able to walk on board without any wait.

Our cabin steward was awesome and addressed us by our name each and every time we saw him. The food continues to get better with each cruise and was very good everywhere (with the exception of the 24 hour pizza, but hey.... there are plenty of other options). The Mongolian Wok make your own Combo was the best and I ate it everyday for lunch. Dinners were good as well. As a picky eater, even I was able to find something on the menu each night. More My wife, not a picky eater, tried something new each night and found everything delicious. However, the highlight for her is always the Chocolate Melting Cake for desert.

After reading the previous review, I felt I should make a comment about the Cruise Director and his Team. We felt they did a GREAT job and went out of their way to make sure each and every guest was having a good time (I suppose that's their job, but they did it very well). In fact, Big Sexy (as that is one of several of his nicknames) came over to introduce himself to me and my wife as we were playing dominos in one of the restaurants. He saw I was wearing a Bears jersey and wanted to let me know he was from Chicago and asked us if we were enjoying ourselves. We saw several parties on the ship he was leading and everyone appeared to be having a great time. I guess you can't please everyone (previous review) but I thought the effort and events were well coordinated by the Cruise Director and his team.

The only cons on the cruise was a smokey odor when we first arrived, but our Cabin Steward took care of it immediately and we never smelled it the remainder of the cruise. Now I wish they would ban smoking in ALL public areas of the ship as the casino, which I spend way too much time in, is like being in an ashtray. Oh well, not the worst problem to have as it is not difficult to avoid the smoke if you need to.

There was an amazing Asian rock n roll band that would play just outside the casino (which is why I wish it was a smoke free area). Their song catalog was enormous (from Elvis to Buddy Holly toLed Zeppelin to Van Halen to Pearl Jam to Smashing Pumpkins). You name it, they knew it. The lead singer had a great rapport with the audience, and just watching him was entertaining.

All in all, a great cruise. I can't wait until our next one.... It will definitely be on Carnival. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Main 2299

Our room was a little smaller than I remembered as this was only the 2nd time we had an interior, however it had a bed, shower, 3 closets and some additional drawers...that's all you need because you are never in your room except to sleep, shower and change clothes. It is big enough. For the price (less than $400 per person), it was worth every penny.