Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by sundevil99

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by sundevil99
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: sundevil99
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Number: R-215
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Save your money!

The 4-night cruise to Avalon and Ensenada (Baja California) was by far the worst cruise we have ever been on. The pros: our inside stateroom was clean and roomy; the lounge areas were inviting and comfortable. The cons: EVERYTHING ELSE. Food, service, ports, entertainment, activities, and all those extra fees... The worst part was the food - all of the food - it was just terrible no matter where or when we ate. We spoke with many couples and families who felt the same way as we did. We thought it was a deal at $149 per person, but with taxes and fees the booking alone cost $502 for two people. That's not including travel, alcohol, excursions, gambling, photos, and anything else you want to buy. Drinks are $7-$12 apiece, and photos were $22 each. They never stopped trying to push the alcohol or photos. This cruise was terrible. Save your money.

The room was clean. It is showing small signs of age but for a ship built in 1995, I was impressed. Other reviews warned of sewer smells and freezing cold rooms, which other passengers did experience, so I guess we got very lucky. Our only issue was that we were right above the propellers, so there was a constant loud vibration in the room. It actually helped me sleep better, so I didn’t mind it.

The cabin had lots of storage space. There were three closets (one had ladders in it) and five big drawers. The desk space was ample for our needs. Our full size suitcases fit nicely under the bed. We had two twins pushed together to make a queen, and there were two more bunk beds high on the way that could have been lowered to sleep four total. I can’t imagine trying to squeeze four in there, however. I should note we requested two twins for a configuration, but we got a queen, and I didn’t bother asking them to change it. Our in-room safe was broken at first. We told our stateroom attendant, Noervi, who promptly had maintenance come change the battery in it. The safe worked fine after that. You just use any credit card to lock it, and that same card to unlock it. There is no charge to use the safe. There was enough space in the safe for my professional DSLR camera, an iPad, two smart phones and our passports. Plenty of room for our needs.

We panicked when we heard the room only had one single 110v power outlet. We brought a 3-outlet expander which worked great to plug in two things at once. There isn’t much room above and below the outlet, so things like my camera battery charger would not fit without an expansion plug or an extension cord.

Publication Date: 02/11/14