Royal Clipper Cruise Review by HeatherF

Royal Clipper
Member Name: HeatherF
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Barbados
See More About: Royal Clipper Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Star Clippers Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Royal Clipper Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Royal Clipper Deck Plans
Magical Royal Clipper - Grenadines

I can’t stop thinking about my wonderful holiday aboard the Royal Clipper in the Grenadines. I have travelled a lot, but this ranks as one of the best holidays ever. The ship is beautiful with its mahogany and brass, and the cabins are comfortable, if a little small, with enough storage for everything we took. The only thing I would advise is to shower when the ship is in port, otherwise water sloshes everywhere if you are at sea.

The entertainment was good – this is not like the entertainment on the big cruise ships, it is very much in-house with audience participation. A steel band came onboard one night and provided excellent entertainment. The resident singer and musician were very good, providing a range of music, and there was dancing every evening, (not always easy when the sea got a bit choppy). One night there was a quiz with a bottle of champagne as the prize. The talent show was great, with crew members showing us what they could do –the highlight being the puppet show, which was hilarious, I haven’t laughed so much in years.

I think I could sum it up as luxury with fun. The food was very good, I have no complaints. The waiters were lovely and so helpful, in fact all the crew were great. Steve, the hotel manager, and Tanje, the Cruise Director, were particularly accommodating to all our requests, and Prabhakar, the bosun, giving us a lesson on knot tying was lovely.

With only 188 passengers on board it was easy to get to know other people very quickly, and this added to the fun of the holiday.

The sail away from every port was always special. Standing on the bridge watching the sails unfurl and flap in the wind to the sound of Conquest of Paradise music was just magical. This cruise is about the beautiful ship as much as everything else, but the crew and the other passengers we met made it a lot of fun. I can't wait to do it again.

Publication Date: 02/10/14