Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Loving retirement 2010: loved the ship but not the food

Loving retirement 2010
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

loved the ship but not the food

Sail Date: January 2014

This was our first time on Royal Caribbean and having just gotten off a 7 day cruise on Celebrity Silhouette,we "couldn,t but help compare the two .The ship is beautiful and huge and because so much is in the middle, I forgot I was on a ship at times. It is very well laid out and I had no trouble finding our way round....basically food in the back and entertainment in the front!

We upgraded to a room overlooking the boulevard and so glad as we originally had an inside on deck 2. Was over Sorrentos and only found it noisy during parades. The shower is very small and the room layout awkward with the bathroom door and closet across from each other.Room was clean and bed very comfortable. No pen in room so bring your own to fill out forms. I watch my sodium and found the food much too salty for me... next time will request low sodium dishes. The flavour was lacking in some dishes and the filet my husband had was tender but not seasoned at all. We were spoiled by the food on More Celebrity!

The entertainment was very good...especially the ice show! Amazing what they can accomplish on a small square of ice! Production show was entertaining, Didnt get to late night comedian . Pools and hot tubs perfect temperature and great steel drum band on deck. Didnt like that they made loud announcements during the day..I dont have to be reminded that bingo is starting in half an hour,etc. Great splash area for small kids,would love to bring our grandson when he is older. Overall would go back but with dietary requests. How can you have a bad time on a cruise, we always say. Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>