Ryndam Cruise Review by solo lady: Nice cruise to Southern Caribbean

Nice cruise to Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Tampa

Stayed in a hotel in Tampa prior to the cruise. Scow in New England was a travel problem. Staying in Tampa for several nights prior to the cruise soothed my worries of missing the ship. I had made my own flight arrangements. It was nice seeing Holland American's policies put into action when a party from New England was late arriving at the ship. This family did have a package of cruise and air. The ship made announcements letting everyone know that departure would be delayed as they waited for these people to arrive. Once they were safely onboard we departed on our cruise!

The cabin was on the Veranda deck, cabin 100. A nice location is a quiet area. Lots of closet space , tub and shower and additional room features for the Spa Cabin. Cabin attendants were attentive. Had wonderful towel animals each night. Wave action on stormy nights can be heard from this cabin. Sounds from the Show Room at Sea had be heard but are not disruptive.

Dining in the Deck 7 dining room More was fine. Both lines, one for those with reservations and those without, were quickly accommodated. I was seated at the type of table I requested for every meal. Formal nights were a delight but I would be just as happy to continue with resort casual. Formal nights were a hit with many passengers. I just do not have the need to dress up after busy days on ship. I complied with the dress code and eat in the ding room every day of the cruise. I liked the small servings presented. The afternoon teas were well attended and provided a good social activity. The Assistant dining room manager from Holland was very good with two children cruising with their Grandparents. On one formal night he let the boy don his uniform jacket for a formal night picture. Such wonderful bonding! The boy was all smiles.

The pool area was clean and it was easy to find a deck chair. Passengers were kind enough to move some chairs around to accommodate their fellow passengers. Never did I have difficulty getting a table or lounge chair. The Lido buffet for breakfast and lunch was well stocked with good food. I liked that Holland America does not allow self service at the buffets for the first few days of each cruise. They pay attention to how the food is served and watch that passengers are using hand sanitizer.

I enjoyed all the shows in the Show room at Sea. The schedule was just right. Most shows were geared to an older crowd and those with a Rock and Roll focus were not particularly appreciated by the older demographic on the ship. This is sad because there were many who wanted more of this type of show.

The crew members were quick to help older folks who had lost their way or who had fallen. They were aware of the fragility of some for the passengers. They would always ask how they were and reunite them with family members if they became separated.

Holland American shore excursions were well planned and good value for amount charged. Less

Read more Ryndam cruise reviews >>