Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by B1336

Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: B1336
Cruise Date: January 2014

Jan 11, 2104 - Oasis of the Seas

Ever since Oasis was built I've wanted to take a cruise on her. Oasis is truly a beautiful ship!! RCCL definitely maintains their ships because you would never know Oasis is over 4 years old. To run nonstop with over 5000 guest every week the ship still looks remarkable. We arrived at the Port a little early and went through security around 10:30 am. Getting our seapass card was fast and we only had to wait till a little after 11 am to begin boarding. When you board you enter straight into the Promenade which is beautiful. Design closely resembles the Promendade on the Freedom class ships but a lot wider. We immediately headed to the Windjammer to eat lunch because it gets extremely busy on the day of departure. After lunch we walked through Central Park and the Boardwalk until our rooms were ready at 1pm. They had the rooms open about 30mins before they were scheduled to open. We were celebrating our 1 yr anniversary and I had ordered a Romance Package to surprise my wife. When we arrived at our stateroom, a Central Park balcony on deck 14, we had several things hanging above the bed, roses shaped like a heart, and very nice bathrobes. She was definitely surprised.

We tried to take part in as much as possible on the ship but still could not do everything. We wake up early so getting a spot by the pool was not a problem. Actually was able to try the Flowrider this time (best time to go is right when they open) and did the zipline a couple times. The line for the zipline was never long and went quick. We never got around to the rock climbing wall or the mini-golf but plan on it next.

All the shows were great!!! My wife loved Hairspray! I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would have. Ice show is always great and the Oasis of Dreams at the Aqua Theater was cool but I enjoyed the fun dive show they had later in the week. We also went to most of the activities put on by the cruise director and activities director. Worlds Sexiest man was hilarious, Quest game show was also pretty amusing, and Love and Marriage show is always good times. The Cruise Director was Allan Brooks and he is hilarious!!! He made the overal experience better and I hope to cruise with him again in the future. If you get to experience him as your cruise director then don't miss his morning show each day on your tv.

We went to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Overall we enjoyed all the ports but I really go for the ship, not so much the ports. You don't really notice how large Oasis is until its docked next to other ships. We were docked next to Carnival Fantasy in Nassau and it made Fantasy look like a toy ship.

I also took the All Access tour which takes you to the crew areas, the main kitchen, and the Bridge. It was very interesting but not worth the $150. You can sit in the Captains chair and they allow you to take pictures in most areas which is cool. We had Captain Patrick who I believe is leaving in the fall to possibly take over the new Quantum. He was hilarious and was out a lot mingling with the guest.

I've read several bad reviews on the food from several sites. I thought the food was fine, nothing to brag about but not bad. Loved the Donut Shop on the boardwalk!!

We had an amazing time and I will definitely cruise on Oasis again in the future!

Publication Date: 02/10/14