Carnival Elation Cruise Review by hatt60ftcc: A really nice clean and well maintained ship with a great crew!

Carnival Elation 5
Member Since 2009
45 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

A really nice clean and well maintained ship with a great crew!

Sail Date: January 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans

i really had low expectations for this cruise because it was cheap and because it was carnival...however, i am now a carnival fan and i get what they are doing: they bring cruising to the masses and to people who just wanna have some laughs and some fun.... no sticks in the butts on this cruise!

i drove down from chicago to catch this cruise and the parking was easy, the embarkation was a breeze: i rolled my bag with me onto the ship and was in my cabin and easily unpacked by 1 pm easy peasy!

and thank you to carnival for the great single cabin rates because my wife didn't feel like joining me, but i needed to get away to see blue water and i did!!!

i asked the matre'd for a fun table at dinner and he put me with some fun people and we got more fun people to build the table each night and Adrian our waiter was fun and great too!!!

this ship did not have a speck of rust on it and even though it was an older and smaller ship it was very pretty to look More at the decorations and there was no dirt anywhere, all i did was see the crew cleaning and it was clean as a whistle.

my cabin was big enough to sleep four people but i had it to myself and the shower was huge and the water pressure and temperature were great!

the shows were fun and campy and one of the two comedians was great, so all in all it was great.

the ports were ok, but all i wanted to do was sit on the beach and drink anyway so mission accomplished!!!

cruise carnival out of new orleans and get a muffaletta sandwich from the central grocery when you are in the french quarter and you will be happy!!! Less

Published 02/10/14

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: U182

nice sized cabin, especially for a single person, bed comfy, bathroom big, shower excellent

Member Since 2009
45 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X