Zuiderdam Cruise Review by Shaf143: Jan 2014 Sunfarer

Compare Prices on Zuiderdam Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Jan 2014 Sunfarer

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

This was our first HAL cruise and I booked it with some concerns for all the reviews concerning the lack of A/C. I was surprized that we had no mechanical issues with the ship. Everything worked perfectly. I took along Kestrel 3000 portable weather station to check it out. Our cabin temps stayed within 2 degrees F of the setting. It was perfect.

We used open seating for dining and it was great. The food was very good and the service was 5 star. The menus were fantastic. The wine stewards were knowledgeabe and efficient. We did not do many of the entertainment, but what we did see was very good. The BBKing show was very entertaining. The majority of the passengers were older Americians (over 65) so the crowds were subdudded. At times it seemed the public spaces, casino and the screening room were on the cold side, but they were not overheated. The only bummer on the cruise was that the weather in Half Moon Cay was not cooperative and the tenders could not run so we could not More go ashore. The rest of the stops were very good. No feelings of unsafe conditions or stress.

We were in a Neptune Suite. Everything about it was great. Tons of outlets for the electronics. Great shower and whirlpool tub. If I do another HAL cruise I would certainly look to get another Neptune Suite, especially for a 10+ day cruise. We had a small issue with the tube drain that we reported in the evening, the next morning a mechanic was there to fix it.

My favorite excursion was the Tayulic Hacienda in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica. The weather was misty and overcast but the tour was great. We saw how coffee , macadamia nuts a, and coffee were processed. A nice lunch and tour.

Dining in the 2 premium spaces (Pinnacle and Cannonelli's) was very good and the quality was top notch. Less

Read more Zuiderdam cruise reviews >>