Coral Princess Cruise Review by crop junkie: Another Princess Winner

Compare Prices on Coral Princess Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Another Princess Winner

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

We just returned from a Panama Canal partial transit cruise on the Coral. It was my first experience on this ship. It was a great cruise and I loved it. The staff was great as usual. My favorites were John the Assistant Cruise Director and Alicia one of the Cruise Director staff. John is so much fun to be around. He led our Princess Pop Choir. I have been in two other choirs and this was the most fun I have ever had. I think we had over 40 people in our choir. I have travelled on three other ships/cruises with Alicia. She is the best. She is so much fun whatever she is doing. I hope to see her as a Cruise Director some day soon.

We had an outbreak of Norwak type sickness on our ship. It was handled immediately and very well by the staff. The Captain made an announcement right away and we were not allowed to serve ourselves anywhere on the ship. The third to last day we were so excited when we arrived at dinner to find rolls, butter and salt and pepper shakers on the table. More Our trip was not interrupted in any way.

The shows on the ship were great. The Bayou show was so good. It is the second time I have see it. I really enjoy watching shows in the Universe Lounge. Our favorite hangout at night was the Wheelhouse Bar. The staff in wonderful and the music was super. We stoped at Ocho Rios (Dunn's River Falls and Aerial Ride to Magic Mountain), Limon (straw market on pier and zip line), Panama Canal (Ferry boat full transit to Pacific Ocean), Cartagena (extensive city tour....saw it all), Aruba (snorkelling and shopping). The weather was hot and humid but not unbearable. We ate all our dinners in the "anytime" dinningroom and shared 8-10 person tables. We met and chatted with a lot of interesting people from all over the world. Our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet had about 35 people at it and was a great event, very well run. Less

Read more Coral Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Coral Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Coral Princess C520

If we cruise and want a balcony we always choose the Caribe deck for the larger balconies. Half the balcony is hidden and the other is open to people above us.