Carnival Legend Cruise Review by als777jo: You make your cruise

Overall Member Rating

You make your cruise

Sail Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

My cruise on Legend was my first. In great anticipation, I scoured websites, Carnival's info, and bugged my poor mother relentlessly about what to expect. I expected a lot and am happy to say the reality was better!

I have read hundreds of reviews of ships, cruse lines, ports and excursions. The reviews run from OMG!!! to I will never sail with these people again. People is the key word. People run these cruise lines and seem to try to do everything they can to make your trip as enjoyable as possible, because after all, return customers are return revenue. There will always be a slightly distant waiter, or food you don't like, or shows that don't measure up to Broadway hits. The bottom line is, you will be on an amazing floating resort with people you like or love, possibly experiencing places you've never been. If you've been there nine thousand times, don't complain about the lack of new things to do. Book a cruise to somewhere different.

Expect to stand in line, More expect an occasional excursion to be cancelled, and expect to see LOTS of people.

That said, I couldn't wait to book my next cruise. Last trip was with my daughters ages 19 and 22, and my parents. November 1, 2014 on Splendor with boyfriend and parents! Even if it's rough weather, or it rains (hit the rain forest!), or it's chilly in the Caribbean, it's still fun! Book excursions early, have a second and third choice just in case and enjoy your time away from day to day life.

And in closing, much of the staff on the Legend were getting off after our cruise, and being their final cruise before a break, they STILL kissed our butts the whole trip! Less

Published 02/07/14

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 6183

Cabin was great, steward Arnold was awesome! Thanks Arnold!! Had my diet cokes on ice EVERY DAY! LOL! Lots of room under the beds for storing bags, clean towels and room twice a day.

Member Since 2013
8 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X