Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ckinser1

Allure of the Seas
Member Name: ckinser1
Cruise Date: December 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Allure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Nice ship but dissapointed with the cruise

Ok so it was my fiance and my first cruise experience. The boat was really big and it was nice to have the central boardwalks. The food was ok. Portions were small at the formal dining. The buffet was better but none of food was impressive except for the restaurants that you had to pay extra for. Seems like they did that on purpose.

My biggest irritation on the cruise was having to listen to a infomercial lady telling my about a seminar on shopping left on my Stateroom phone.I had to listen to the 15 minute message before I could delete it.The last thing I want to do with my time on vacation is listen to a advertising pitch.

I did check out the diamonds at st marteen. Diamonds international wanted 3500 for a pair of low grade si2 and si3 diamonds.I can get nicer stones vs grade in the states for 1500. They are trying to rip you off and the cruise line is in on it.

On our excursion at st Thomas they moved our meet time up 30 minutes. They said they notified us. But e were never told not even a message on our state room phone, I guess that is used for only advertising.

Problems with the state room, day 1 TV will not turn off, day 2 clogged shower drain, day three clogged sink drain. Only water was going down the pipes!!!!! And on day 5 no toilets on our entire floor for a half a day, once again no notice. The toilet paper might as well been sand paper.

The TV programs by the ship were something to watch if you wanted a good laugh. They try to make the captain out to be a celebrity or something complete with his motorcycle and his morning routine. Give me a break just steer the boat and if you do hit something don't be the first to leave.

Finally the day to leave came, the was allot of info on the TV and envelopes so you can tip your stateroom attendant. You are billed for gratuity for every day. Which is more of a tax as a tip involves a choice. Well you can't have it both ways, you bill people for graduity and then ask for addition tip. I did leave my attendant a bottle of wine as I did not want to take it back.

My impression of this cruise was nice boat, mediocre food and a cuize line that cuts back everything so you will have to upgrade. The WiFi was $185 and I heard that it slower than dialup.glad I didn't,t waste the money on that.on the day of departure you really did get the feeling of get off the boat as they have new guests waiting. This will probably be my last cruise as I never felt like I was in luxury or was pampered in any way but viewed more like a bank account.

Publication Date: 02/07/14