Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Lbattell: Got our money's worth...

Lbattell
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Got our money's worth...

Sail Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

The first cruise in almost 20 years. Compared to my experiences in the past this was great fun.

Dining: I knew what freestyle was but decided I didn't really like. If you wanted to eat in the 'included' restaurants there was a long wait from about 630 pm to 8 pm. Loved the room service option and service was very quick and efficient

Ship: seems a bit older but still very high end compared to what we had 20 years ago. Loved the atrium and shopping level along with the open promenade for walking

Cabin: much more spacious than 20 years ago and loved, loved, loved the balcony. There is nothing better than morning coffee on the balcony or watching the ocean go by at 2 am when you can't sleep

Entertainment: pretty good. Comedian hilarious, though the wizard of oz was a bit looonnng. Dancers and singers just ok. Games like liar, liar, great fun when the comedian and cruise director were involved. Hot white party would have been better outside but it was More too windy. At least it wasn't cancelled.

Staff: all staff I came across were awesome from the cabin to servers to the spa to the front desk and retail.

Casino: also great fun BUT the smoking was horrible. This is really my only really big negative. Smoking should be limited to the promenade deck outside or the cigar lounge.

Excursions: all awesome. Booked through the group I was travelling with and enjoyed zip lining, cave tubing and Mayan ruins.

I purchased the ultimate beverage package and have to admit I did drink lots more than I would normally have because I didn't want to lose money. So $50 a day in booze, including drinks for friends was a challenge, especially when in port. Next time I would go for the wine package only.

Don't let the negative reviews put you off. Like any holiday, it is what you make it. And I made my vacation lots of fun!!

Cheers, Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 9586

Balcony room is fabulous. Will never cruise inside again. Spacious, comfortable and very quiet. We slept with the window open listening to the waves crashing along side the ship.