Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Vacationv

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Vacationv
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: Vacationv
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Asia
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Stop the whining please. Celebrity was fantastic, again.

I am always skeptical of some of the negative reviews I read about cruise ships. I recommend considering the sources before making your mind not to make a booking due to bad reviews. People are more likely to complain about things that went wrong than things that went right. Age, lifestyle and country of origin can also make or break a positive review.

I’m not sure why some people are compelled to write such negative reviews. I think it’s a mix of one small thing sets them off, they are just too darn picky, OR perhaps they work for a competing cruise line.

I’m an EXPERIENCED cruiser and an executive in the travel industry. I have cruised over 25 times, including mid-range and luxury lines. I am an avid Celebrity cruiser. My wife and I sailed on the Millennium on the January 5 14-night cruise from Singapore to Komodo Island, Lombok, Bali, Penang, KL, and Phuket. We had a wonderful journey.

The Millennium has been SOLSTICEIZED and is in very nice shape. She is a bit smaller than the beautiful new Solstice Class ship which is a plus in my book. I did miss The Silk Harvest Asian fusion restaurant but also LOVED the new venue, “Qsine”. What a fun and delicious experience.

We enjoyed our Sky Suite and thought the service was great. This was simply a wonderful itinerary and a most memorable trip.

I implore reviewers not to judge an entire cruise on one or two hiccups. Travel is seldom flawless and savvy travelers know they just need to role with the unforeseen and ENJOY. We always try to be grateful for the opportunity to enjoy such as wonderful and privileged experience. This becomes even clearer after visiting third world ports where poverty and desperation are prevalent.

An earlier review from the same cruise we were on spends most of the time complaining that the Apple Store did not meet his expectations. Really? I suggest you should be amazed that a cruise ship even includes an Apple Store. If you want better Apple shopping, go to a shopping mall or shop online. Please

While we had a wonderful cruise, we are starting to book smaller ships now and constantly search for more exotic destinations where we haven’t yet visited.

You can book Millennium with confidence. It’s not Seabourn or Azamara but it’s a good value for your money.

Publication Date: 02/10/14