Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by HappySailing24: Had the Best Christmas Ever

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Had the Best Christmas Ever

Sail Date: December 2013

We took our First on the Carnival Conquest out of Miami on December 22, 2013. This was my kids 1st Cruise and my Second (1st was in 1988) on the Carnival Jubilee. We did a lot of research on all the Ports and the Ship. And had everything in a file. so glad we did as went back to the file several times to remember things.

The ship was Gorgeous, the Staff was unbelievably Nice. The Ports-san Juan, St. Thomas, Bahamas, and Grand Turk were wonderful. Getting on and off the ship at each Port was very organized-not much waiting at all. The Room (we had a Outside-window) was very clean and had enough room for all our luggage (yes) 5 suitcases (took Too much) and had storage under the Beds for the suitcases also. Closets were very Big and also had a lot of room in the Bathrooms as well. All the meals were 100% to me. The Dining room Waiters were Fun and we made it to every night , but 1 (glad we went to Bingo) that Night we Won the Jackpot Bingo-WooHoo. Our Waiter (Juan Carlos) was More so much Fun. My Daughter still talks about him. Also the Cruise Director (Gary) was So Funny as was Matt- the Asst Director-Very Helpful.

But all the other Ports were Fun. went on the Stingray/snorkeling Excursion in Grand Turk and it was So much fun. Booked both through Carnival as we afraid we would miss the Boat. . Well, again this could not of been a more Perfect Christmas for us. We already Booked Carnival Glory-sets sail on December 20, 2014 out of Miami. Let the countdown Begin.... And FYI- we stayed at the Embassy Suites at the Airport (Beautiful hotel) complimentary Breakfast was Yummy and cooked to order. Also as it was a Saturday Night we were there (Open Bar from 4-7)...Can't get any better...

Room was very clean, plenty of Closet space (3). Nice Fluffy Robes. Just wish we had 3 as we had to fight over them . Also the bathroom had plenty of space for all our products. Room Service was good (ordered 1x only). Room attendants did a great job keeping it tidy for us. And we would fight for the door to get in to see the Towel animal each night (oh and steal the chocolates off all the pillows). View was nice. I actually got up in the night sometimes just to look out and see the waves. And good storage area for your snorkeling gear and soda we brought on. The only thing I would change in the Room was the Refrigerator to be available for our drinks (not the ships-drinks) and also the lip on bottom of the shower Stall to be higher. Was afraid the water would go over a few times. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Oceanview Main 2352

Stingray Swim

This was a Perfect ending to the Ports. This Port is Beautiful and so relaxing. We did the Stingray Swim and they were very nice and very educational . We got to take pictures underwater with them , and my kids did the Snorkeling as I went Seashell hunting and found 2 HUGE (empty) Conch shells that I took back with us. Beautiful Beach. went back to the Port and went and relaxed at Margaretville and went swimming. I would go there and stay for a week, to just relax...

(5.5)

If you go to the Bahamas , go to Junkaroo Beach and go to the Tiny Beach Bar that has the Surfboard that says (3 beers/3 shots $10) they were so nice and we had a great time.

Also they come around on the Beach and take Drink orders too. The Vendors were selling, but I only had to say no 2x.

Read 2624 Nassau Reviews

We did our Own walking tour (Sons Idea). we went to the Forts (both), once you see 1 they all look the same, My Daughter and I were a little bored (Sorry). We did get some cool collectors stamps at the PO. Also went to the Big Cathedral. We did get soaking wet as when we came from the Second fort it started POURING, but we were on Vacation -who cares. Myself (Mom-52) didn't even care- we were having Fun. Then went to a little hole in the wall to eat- was good and $2 beers (Domestic too)...walked down by the waterway. we did A LOT of walking. I was exhausted when we got on the Boat. Overall Great Day. Oh and the Lizards were Cool also. Took lots of Pictures with them .

Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

Coral World Tour

(1)

They gave us no time to explore the Aquarium-as soon as the Dive was over- they closed the place and we had to hurry and Run to get on the bus to leave. For the 4.5hr tour. we only did the 1hr dive-very unorganized with time management.

If you just do the Tour it may give more time, but I believe because it was Christmas Day -they wanted to go home, BUT we did pay for the Tour and if it wasn't for the Cruise lines, there would be limited visitors there.

Helmet Dive

(4)

We did the Helmet Dive/Tour at Coral World-they gave us no time to explore the Aquarium-as soon as the Dive was over- they closed the place and we had to hurry and Run to get on the bus to leave. For the 4.5hr tour. we only did the 1hr dive-very unorganized with time management. we had to wait for others to Dive first and do there orientation and that wasted an hour. But carnival did refund our portion of the Aquarium tour which was nice-but my Daughter for a year was looking forward to the Aquarium part and never saw it. And its not like we can just drive over and go , LOL,. Also we were able to bring our Go pro down with us and that was nice to have. The instructors/divers also were very nice. The ride on the Bus was Horrible-I thought we were going to crash- very fast driver and then he was playing chicken with another bus driver and the Police was there and couldn't even talk to them. they were hitting each others bus with their hands and screaming and yelling. Neither one would Move for the other to get by. Very Rude drivers. Also on the way Back, my Son was getting on and the driver started to take off and he had a huge cut and bruise from the seat where metal was sharp that he hit trying to get on.That was not a Good experience....