Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by lenaberez

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by lenaberez
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: lenaberez
Cruise Date: January 2014
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Amazing

It was my 1st time with Celebrity Rarefaction. Me and my boyfriend did 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise. Our ports of call were San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Once we arrived to the Miami Port, we waited for a while to check in but once we arrived on the cruise we were greeted with a glass of champagne.

For our special dining, our seating was at 8:30 but we asked the manger to change it for us, so he did to 6pm. OMG the food at the special dining was amazing, I have never ate so much stakes and exotic food in my life. We had frog legs, stakes, duck, African lamb, lamb chops and many more. Every day the menu changed, me and my boyfriend ordered different dishes so we can try them all. The menu was 5 course meals, and it was done to perfection. I have no words to describe it. For breakfast and lunch, we ate at the Ocean view buffet located on the deck 14th. For breakfast, we had salmon eggs benedict’s and fresh fruits. There are varieties of food to choose. They are coffee and tea station, tea is organic and coffee is freshly made. For lunch, they had Indian, Mexican, Pasta, pizza, and other food stations everything was fresh. At the evening, we didn’t eat at the buffet because we had our Special dining at 6pm, but latter at the night after the shoes we would come and get fruits and nuts to snack. They had different themes, one night it was German, Mexican cuisine. I read reviews, that some people pay extra money to go to other restaurants, but it doesn’t worth it. If you have the special dining, don’t even bother, because the food in Special dining is amazing. But if you have money, sure go head and try the other restaurants on the ship. We had one waiter for entire seating, his name is Bukhari at the table 106, he is the nicest guy ever. He knew everything about the food and his assistant waiter Melica was nice as well. On our 1st night, I asked for the lemon for my water, and from that day on, we would come in and have lemon on our table. He remembered our names as well. They work 7 days, for 6 month straight for 10-12 hours a day, and still managed to put the smile on their faces. We had two formal nights and the rest were casual.

We didn’t drink a lot, we would probably had one drink every day. Wine and alcoholic beverages were from 7.5$ and up. We didn’t get classing non-alcoholic packages, because water and juices (apple, orange and ice tea) were for free. My boyfriend took a water cooler bottle and we would fill out with ice and water, so we didn’t had to go back and forth to buffet. Pool area and buffet are located on the same dock 14th. The game area is on 9th, gym is on 12th(always packed), the shopping and the theater were 4th & 5th. Also, they would have Sin city comedy at the different theatre that was small, so you would have to come in 40min before the show to get a seat. Night shows were good as well, they would have them at 9 and 10:30(I think)

Pool: Pool area were too small, they had a kids pool (4ft) and adults pull (6ft). Kids who were dippers and who are not potty trained are not allowed to the pull. We didn’t see many kids, adults pull was always packed. In order for you to get a bed beside the poll, you would have to go in early in the morning like 7. We would put our towels 1st and go for breakfast, because after 8 you won’t be able to find a spot beside the pool outside. They also had inside pool, but we never tried it.

Publication Date: 02/09/14