Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by gwenda18: Wow..Milly, you Grand Lady

Wow..Milly, you Grand Lady

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

A little about us, we were part of 14 Aussies who spent time in Hawaii before boarding this lovely lady of the sea. My daughter and I arrived early and spent 8 days staying at the Outrigger Waikiki, I have stayed there previously on 6 occasions and can say that it is location,location.

Our cruise left Honolulu 11pm Sat 2nd Nov 2013. We arrived a little later than most to board, approx 2.30ish and it went very smoothly.

We were met on board with a beautiful drink of Champagne and from then on it just got better and better.

I have previously cruised on Princess and NCl, this was our first time on Celebrity. Loved it so much we just booked our next 18 night cruise on Celebrity Solstice, Perth, Port Hedland, Australia up to Bali, Indonesia then back to Darwin, Australia, Cairns,Brisbane, Newcastle and back to Sydney.

Our cabin was spacious and very well looked after by Jose, a very special man.

Spent most of our day out by the pool as we were More sailing the Pacific and the weather was magic.

Entertainment was great but would have liked to see more of the Celebrity Dancers and Singers.

The food, well what can I say, the Metropolitan Dining Room, never had a bad meal..steak, crab cakes, french onion soup, creme brulee to name just a few.

The Grill by the pool had the nicest hamburgers and fries..Cafe Al Bacio had the best pastries..the Ocean View Cafe provided you with everything you could wish for. Freshly cooked pasta to which you were able to ad garlic or whatever you chose. Freshly cooked fish and chips....yum, sushi to die for..we had not one complaint out of our group of 14.

The ship was so clean and she has class all over her, the crew just great, always there with a smile and again no complaints about anyone of them.

Met the usual whingers, cannot understand how you can constantly whinge over such minor little things, aren't you just so glad to be cruising and grateful for the experience.

Ports of Call

Papeete, Tahitit

Disappointed with the capital of Tahiti, it was not the cleanest of places and the living conditions for most very poor. Sad to see people living that way, having said that they were lovely and you could not find a more friendly race.

Bora Bora, Tahiti, oh this was just a beautiful island, we did a tour that we picked up when we arrived, half the price of Celebrity tour and went to the same places. Sad to see most of the hotels and holiday places were closed down due to lack of visitors.

Moorea, Tahiti

Did another local tour and went out swimming with stingrays and reef sharks, have already experienced swimming with dolphins so this was another highlight. Our tour guide was so funny..he made our day.

Suva, Fiji

This was sadly a let down, had been there in 1976 and it has got worse, very dirty, sad to see again the local Fijians struggling to survive. We also found it to be very smelly.

Noumea, French Polenesia

I loved this place as it is so clean, very expensive but a smaller version of the French Riviera.

Overall the whole experience was fantastic and I have no reservation in saying that I love sailing with Celebrity.

Gwenda (64yrs) Lisa 41 (yrs) Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium 7163

I chose a cabin that was on an angle and so we had a slightly larger verandah, I have stayed in an inside cabin only once, after having a verandah you are hooked. Nothing nicer than sitting there watching the ocean or reading a book.The bathroom was very roomy plenty of space underneath the basin.Our cabin was in very good condition, you would not know the ship is 14 yrs old.