MSC Divina Cruise Review by kkbay: Wonderful cruise

266 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Wonderful cruise

Sail Date: January 2014

We are not loyal to any particular cruise line. After reading some very bad reviews of the MSC Divina, we were apprehensive about our upcoming cruise. We were with a group of abut 600 polka enthusiasts and had booked the cruise through their travel agency. Eager to go on a cruise of this sort, we somewhat reluctantly booked and decided that we would give MSC a try.

What a wonderful surprise! The ship was exceptionally clean, but my favorite part was the NO SMOKING in the casino and all the lounges! There was a cigar lounge, but even my sensitive nose was not offended by passing by! Smoking was allowed on one deck. We also never detected smoke wafting onto our balcony.

Our cabin, a balcony, was lovely and appointed as well as others we had stayed in. THe pump soap and shampoo seemed to greatly annoy others, but I brought my own shampoo so this was not an issue. Food was as good as Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess. In fact, I feel the seafood was actually better. More Buffet was good and tended to have more Italian dishes. The pizza was fabulous. All attendants were courteous and understood our language. The gelato was wonderful - even their Baked Alaska was made with gelato!

Ports were Falmouth, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, all of which we had visited in the past.

Lounge bands were excellent! Lots of fun dancing experiences!

Spa and gym facilities were the best we've encountered.

The entertainment was the BEST we've seen on a cruise. The theater is gorgeous. All the shows were wonderful, especially the Michael Jackson tribute.

We will cruise MSC in the future. Less

266 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X