Carnival Elation Cruise Review by BookieLang: Wonderful Family Vacation

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Family Vacation

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Cozumel

My sisters and I decided to give my mom and dad an all expense paid cruise as their Christmas gift 2012. We set to go this past December 2013. Adults only, we left the children at home. Just my mom and dad and their children and in laws. We had an awesome time on Carnival Elation. Though I have been to Cozumel a few times it was Mom and Dad's first time and they loved it. They enjoyed the tour of the island and Mayan Ruins and they enjoyed just being on the boat. I think being on a cruise with your family is just awesome. We had time to get away from each other and than Dinner time to come back with details from the day and make plans for the next day.

One negative was that the water was a little more ruff the first day or so and it made a couple people have to stay in their room, but other than that we had a great time. We look forward to doing it again in a new place but on Carnival for sure! Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Mayan Ruins

(5)

Even with the long ride out to the Ruins it was still a good attraction to visit. The tour guide ( you pay to have a guide or you can look around for free) was of Mayan decent and he really knew about his history. Enjoyed.

Paradise Beach

(2)

Went to Paradise Beach first, we did not stay per they have a new rule about spending $10 min plus entrance fee. ( I went in 2012 and they did not have that rule). Everyone just wanted to get on Banana boat and not eat/drink.

Sightseeing

Cab/Van driver was nice. My brother in law was in a wheelchair and accomodations were made from him to get in the van and get to the attractions. The driver told us about the city and took us to some of the local areas. We stopped at the Big Shopping Forum lastly.