Royal Princess Cruise Review by KenC: Princess takes a wrong turn
Overall Member Rating
Princess takes a wrong turn
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Royal Princess is heralded as a new generation for Princess, unfortunately for me it was a step in the wrong direction. The ship is very inward looking - the mega atrium the heart of the ship. Apart from being on deck you need never know you were at sea - the ship has become the destination!
In a nutshell my gripes are
- fixed sitting dining room is hidden away at the back of the ship, is dark and lacks any charm. (The other two dining rooms were much lighter and appealing).
- the food was pretty uninspiring and the menu choice poor.
- there are too many people on this ship! It wasn't full but it felt crowded and noisy. It was difficult to find a sunbed sometimes and made worse by people reserving them for hours on end when they had no intention of using them (we reported 2 chairs which had been reserved with towels, a book and a hat from 10.00am until after 2,00pm)
- the huge screen over the pool deck is a monstrous intrusion - how people More can sit at the pool in the afternoon with rock concerts blaring beats mer and you cannot escape the noise most places on deck!
- service everywhere was rushed and brisk - crew too busy to speak or say hello.
- whereas the atrium is an amazing space, there are few other public areas to go and no where has much of a sea view.
We enjoyed the cruise as we always make the most of everything, but we won't be choosing Princess again in a hurry and certainly won't sail on a Royal class ship again. Less
Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review >>
Cabin review: E108
Although rated a deluxe balcony, it felt smaller than similar grades on other ships. The bathrooms are tiny. On a ship with tiny balconies however, the space on the so called obstructed balcony was at least 4 times larger than standard balconies and open to the sky.
Fantastic cruise, would go aga...
We loved our cruise enough to ...
Eight Days of Doing Nothing
Do not skimp on Hygiene!
"ROYAL PRINCESS" TRANSATLANTIC...
Spanish Passage; Our First Tra...
Our First Transatlantic Cruise