Royal Princess Cruise Review by KenC: Princess takes a wrong turn
Overall Member Rating
Princess takes a wrong turn
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Royal Princess is heralded as a new generation for Princess, unfortunately for me it was a step in the wrong direction. The ship is very inward looking - the mega atrium the heart of the ship. Apart from being on deck you need never know you were at sea - the ship has become the destination!
In a nutshell my gripes are
- fixed sitting dining room is hidden away at the back of the ship, is dark and lacks any charm. (The other two dining rooms were much lighter and appealing).
- the food was pretty uninspiring and the menu choice poor.
- there are too many people on this ship! It wasn't full but it felt crowded and noisy. It was difficult to find a sunbed sometimes and made worse by people reserving them for hours on end when they had no intention of using them (we reported 2 chairs which had been reserved with towels, a book and a hat from 10.00am until after 2,00pm)
- the huge screen over the pool deck is a monstrous intrusion - how people More can sit at the pool in the afternoon with rock concerts blaring beats mer and you cannot escape the noise most places on deck!
- service everywhere was rushed and brisk - crew too busy to speak or say hello.
- whereas the atrium is an amazing space, there are few other public areas to go and no where has much of a sea view.
We enjoyed the cruise as we always make the most of everything, but we won't be choosing Princess again in a hurry and certainly won't sail on a Royal class ship again. Less
Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review >>
Cabin review: E108
Although rated a deluxe balcony, it felt smaller than similar grades on other ships. The bathrooms are tiny. On a ship with tiny balconies however, the space on the so called obstructed balcony was at least 4 times larger than standard balconies and open to the sky.
'Allure of the Seas' A Pleasan...
Carnival Sensation.....NEVER A...
A Great Time!!
This is the way to visit the M...
Excellent cruise -- Great food...
Princess Cruise 1616