Celebrity Constellation 3

“Not the Celebrity that I expected”
Cruise review of Celebrity Constellation

Terpsfan1
Member Since 2007
437 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

First let me say that I am a veteran cruiser with experience on most of the larger cruise lines. This was not my first Celebrity cruise. I was traveling with a large group and we all had similar feelings.

On the plus side, we had a very easy embarkation experience. People were quick, friendly and we were on the ship before 11:30 .

it happened to be a rainy morning. I only mention this because when we got our luggage some of it was SOAKED! So wet that clothing had to ask that some of our clothing be rewashed and dried. They agreed to do this, but were not happy about it. It was an inconvenience to say the least.

Our experience with the bar staff was generally very mediocre. Slow and unfriendly seemed to be the comments heard most frequently. Now, of course, there are exceptions, but...not too many!

The food was again...mediocre. We did find a small "healthy" buffet near the solarium that had salads and prepared excellent salmon. But again the staff More behind the counter was a very unfriendly server, who some in my party even described as "surly".

The cabin was fine. I knew it was an older ship so expected older furnishings. That was fine, although it would have been nice to be able to consistently have a hot shower. We did not. However, on the plus side, our cabin steward would come and try to get the show to run hot. After a very long time and much fiddling, he was usually successful. Just another inconvenience.....

We did have a very nice cabin steward who was attentive and an lovely waiter in the dining room.

One night at dinner, several of us ordered decaffeinated coffee. Big mistake!! We clearly got regular coffee as those same people had a very hard time getting to sleep. But, what was even more annoying was that when we addressed the next evening, we were told that they only serve decaffeinated coffee at night. (which was quit interesting as a gentleman was overheard complaining that he had a caffeine allergy and was suffering terribly after having bee served "decaffeinated coffee" at dinner....)

Let me close by saying we really are NOT a demanding group. We have been on cruises before and have had NO problems. In fact, I have never written anything like this. But, I felt people should no what they were getting into... Less

Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Bahamas

Published 02/09/14

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review

Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?