Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by shnthr: Had a great time and vacation

shnthr
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jade Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Had a great time and vacation

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

My husband and me took this sail for the first time in our lives. we had heard so much about cruises that we decided to do it this time. it was the most wonderful experience. We loved every bit of it (except for the port Civitavecchia ) The journey from the station to and from the ship was the most difficult one, carrying your luggage up and down the stairs was killing and enough to want to run back. I felt so sorry for all the elderly people who were struggling with their suitcases and bags. I think this port should be avoided at all costs. Apart from this I must say it was one of the best vacations I have had, great food, great ports visited and on the whole a wonderful experience.

I would like to especially thank our stateroom 11554 help Mr Adrian and Mr Washy Washy in the buffet for their smile and help at all times. these people make all the difference, in fact it would be wrong not to thank all the chefs, service professionals and the entire crew for making our stay so More memorable. My husband and me have made a promise to each other to go back again :)

Prior to the travel I read so many reviews about how the ship makes you spend money but my personal experience was that if you DONT want to spend unnecessarily you don't really have to. for example pictures were taken of you every where but no one forced you to buy it. I think it just depends on you.

My husband and me were just thankful we had the opportunity to enjoy this trip and we don't believe in complaining. I am Indian where we have the richest and poorest man living in harmony. I have learnt to accept people and places the way they are. My husband and me have lived and worked in many countries and have just learnt to accept people . We enjoyed Tunis as much are Valencia and Rome. I admire the tenacity with which the Tunisicans were trying to sell their wares.. what else will they do when tourism is their main income. I wasn't annoyed when I was pleaded and cajoled into sparing a few euros at Naples by the street vendors.

We loved every bit of our travel and would recommend every one to try this cruise. The only thing which turned me OFF during the trip is when I heard people complain about everything around them , we just have to remember that while on travel we are out there to learn and experience different cultures and people.

waiting TO BOARD THE SHIP AGAIN...:) Douglas and Shanthi Less

Read more Norwegian Jade cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jade Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jade 11554

It was superb...just right for the two of us, although the next time we would like to go into the suite. The washroom and shower were very good too. I loved the little monkeys, elephants and the entire zoo made for us by Adrian.