Carnival Legend Cruise Review by HuckleberryVik

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Legend Cruise Review by HuckleberryVik
Carnival Legend
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Loved It

We had an incredible time. There were 7 of us in our group, ranging in age from 30 to 45, (5 women, 2 men). I think we were about average for age on this ship, although sometimes it felt as though there were far more elderly folks sailing with us, than younger (especially in the Serenity Lounge).

The food was your average cruise food with the exception of the Golden Fleece Steakhouse - INCREDIBLE. I recommend that everyone book this. For $35, you will get about a $150 meal and if you book the first night, you'll also get a free bottle of wine with your meal. I don't journal much, but after that meal, I just had to write it all down. When we thought we couldn't eat anymore and were going to pass on dessert, the people at the table next to us told us we had to try the chocolate sampler. Needless to say, we devoured it. The staff was very attentive, the food with delicious and the experience is well worth the extra money. I will note that this was my 3rd cruise and my fellow travelers were on their 1st, so when I told them that they could order more than one entree and more than one dessert for dinner...they were overjoyed! And our waiter, Aleksandar, made dining very entertaining - I've retold several of his jokes!

Between the 7 of us, we enjoyed excursions at every port, from swimming with the rays in Grand Cayman to swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel, to touring the Mayan ruins in Belize and zip lining in Roatan. We were hard pressed to name a favorite, each port held something special for each of us.

Several of us bought the Bottomless Bubbles deal - all you can drink sodas and juice for about $50. I don't think any of us would do it again. We just didn't drink enough to justify the expense. At first, we were disappointed we didn't take advantage of the Faster to the Fun, but by the time the cruise was over, we all agreed, that extra expense wasn't really necessary either.

We had 3 adult women in our room - we did not have a bunk bed, rather our couch was converted to a bed. It was a tight fit, but with the added space of the balcony, we made it work without any problems - and we're all still talking to each other!

Some of the best things we did with our room:

Used a luggage strap to keep our balcony door open at night

Brought a hanging air freshener (Scentsy) for our room (would suggest one for the bathroom, as well)

Brought an over the door shoe organizer for all sorts of stuff

Brought an over the door organizer for bathroom stuff

Suitcases stored under the beds

Clothespins (next time I am bringing a bungee cord to hang clothes on - there's a line in the shower...but you use the shower)

We're already looking for our next cruise!

Publication Date: 02/09/14