Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by Adrienne622: This is NOT a luxury ship

Adrienne622
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Navigator Western Caribbean Cruises

This is NOT a luxury ship

Sail Date: January 2014

My husband and I have been on at least 25 full length cruises, including four on Crystal Cruises and one on a Queen Mary II grill suite. This was the worst ship and worst value of all - I would not classify this as a luxury cruise. The fares are outrageous for what you receive.

The cabins are fine, but the public areas are very cramped and unattractive. The pool deck has only few lounges in the shade - these are 'reserved' with passengers' beach bags early in the morning. The remaining lounges are in full sunshine - there are not enough when the ship is at sea.

So many passengers said the other two Regent ships (Mariner and Voyager) are very much better - why did they come on this cruise?

We had a terrible storm at sea - the first time I have ever been seasick. I heard two scenarios from other passengers - either the ship has no stabilizers or they were installed after the ship was built and are not adequate - apparently the hull was built for a Soviet More military ship and modified to be a cruise ship. This ship had far more motion in calm waters than newer, larger ships.

The food was mediocre to poor, with the exception of the Prime 7 steakhouse which was excellent.

Our cabin attendants were excellent. There were many issues with the rest of crew - no smiles or friendly greetings in the dining room. I asked an assistant waiter for drawn butter with a lobster tail and was told they didn't have it - I mentioned this to the waiter (after I ate it) - he checked and explained that the other guy was confused - he meant it didn't come with the dish (???) I saw people with canes in the buffet who were never offered help - I guess they should have asked, but you don't have to ask on Princess or Celebrity.

The entertainment was about what you would expect on a small ship. The production shows were good and the dancers were excellent. The individual performers - not so great. Less

Read more Seven Seas Navigator cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Navigator Review >>

Cabin review: Seven Seas Navigator 606

Very spacious cabin - comfortable beds.