Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by WolfCruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by WolfCruiser
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: WolfCruiser
Cruise Date: January 2014
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Perfectly Wonderful Cruise

My husband and I took our first cruise to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary on board the Celebrity Constellation. The ship is beautiful and very well maintained. We found it very easy to get around the ship even with the fact that I need to walk with crutches. Everyone on the crew were friendly, polite and very helpful. The Master of the ship, Captain Tasos Kafetzis, is delightfully congenial and is an absolute presence on the ship. We will sail with him anytime.

There are activities for everyone to enjoy. I can't wait to go back when I have full use of my leg to take part in the numerous fitness related activities (Zumba, Yoga and dance). We made full use of the pools, hot tubs and Thalassotherapy Pool, perfect for arthritic or painful joints. We briefly visited the Casino and did not make it into the Library.

Service was excellent everywhere on the ship. When we needed answers to our many questions, guest relations was most helpful and we found all crew members to be very kind and helpful.

Our port and shore excursions were very enjoyable. Cozumel: A suggestion if you go to the Coba Ruins, arrange for a wheelchair from the ship to the ferry before you leave the ship if you have any difficulty walking and they were there waiting for us on our return. Then there is a fair amount of walking over rough terrain from the ferry to the bus that takes you to the ruins and a little more walking on rough terrain at the ruins to get to the bike taxi. Do take advantage of the bike taxi, at a very reasonable $12 if you have any trouble walking. It is a wonderfully interesting and informative excursion even with the long travel to get there. Key West: Take the trolley tour of the island, stop where you want.

Our Ocean View cabin was very comfortable and well maintained by our steward, Robin. We asked him for ice the first night so I could use it in an icepack for my ankle and he saw to it that I had ice available twice a day. Any request and he was right on top of it. When we returned from our early breakfast our bed was already made and room was clean and fresh with fresh towels in the bathroom. We passed him in the hall frequently and he always had a smile and friendly greeting for us.

In the evenings, we always dined in the San Marco and we had the most amiable and magnificent waitstaff. Danny, Adriana, Ahmed and Diana were most attentive, polite and helpful in their friendly and caring manner. They even presented us with a beautifully crafted Tiramisu and chocolate cake for our anniversary from them. We enjoyed delicious and beautifully presented dishes every evening. We set ourselves with an early reservation and never had a problem sitting at our table or receiving our food on time. It was always perfect temperature and perfectly timed to our table. Our dining companions enjoyed the same wonderful service. We opted for the Classic Premium Non-Alcoholic drink package which was perfect for us. I usually had a glass of wine and my husband had a mixed drink each evening which we paid for separately and this was perfect for us. We enjoyed a daily visit to Cafe Al Bacio for Espresso, Cafe Mocha or the Iglu, a wonderful frozen concoction of espresso and gelato. Breakfast and lunch was usually at the Oceanview Cafe where you could find just about anything you could imagine from a very tasty buffet. For lunch at the outdoor grill occasionally a hot dog or delicious hamburger.

We did take part in Karaoke in the Reflections Lounge and found the stage shows in the Celebrity Theater to be wonderfully entertaining with some very talented singers, musicians and dancers. White Magic Illusion and Contortionist show was absolutely fabulous and if Celebrity should offer the Liar's Club on your cruise, DO NOT MISS SEEING THIS! It was hilarious! Music everywhere on the ship or some areas were blissfully quiet go where it suits you.

Embarkation and disembarkation was extremely easy for me and well done by Celebrity.

In Summary: I am looking forward to our next cruise on Celebrity Constellation. They have sold me! This is my choice for vacation from now on!

Publication Date: 02/08/14