Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by Michelle A

Costa Luminosa
Costa Luminosa
Member Name: Michelle A
Cruise Date: December 2013
See More About: Costa Luminosa Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Costa Luminosa Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Luminosa Deck Plans
AMERICANS BEWARE!!! tHE WORST CRUISE EVER!

First of all I want everyone to know I have never had the time or energy to write a negative review. Our experience with this cruise was so horrible its now February and its still on my mind and thought I needed to write a review. Everything in the past reviews are correct.My family and I take many cruises as it is convenient with kids and elderly parents. But this was the worst cruise ever. I dont even know where to start.

The food was horrible. There is no food after 11pm and if you want room service call 2 hours ahead of time. Customer Service? None whats so ever. I waited in line for an hour to get an extra key and to complain and asked for a complaint form. The lady went to the printer and gave me blank paper. Noone cares and you can see it on all the employees faces. They all complained of long hours and not enough pay. They mainly serve the Europeans and I would go as far as to say discriminate against Americans! I sent my daughter to the kids club, she called me 30 minutes later and said mom the movie is in another language and no one here speaks English. My 13 year old son tried the teens club and came back telling me Mom all the teens smoke?? BTW There were alot of teenage drinking and smoking on the boat. Under 18!

Talk about smoking the ship allows indoor smoking! and my it seemed like every European smoked. I didnt see much security on the boat either. I called one night to complain of underage kids running up and down the hall at 2 am when we had planned excursions the following day. No one showed up for a good 30 minutes. Finally four men including my husband got out of their room and yelled at the kids. I finally went up to customer service in my pjs and they said security is heading there now, I said too late. There was no order no service no happy employees no good food rude europeans etc etc. 15K down the drain! The best part and only time in a cruise is I lost 3 pounds!

Good Luck!!!