Carnival Elation Cruise Review by WhiteSoxLyss12

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Elation Cruise Review by WhiteSoxLyss12
Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation
Member Name: WhiteSoxLyss12
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans
Value-for-Money 5+

5 Night Cruise to Mexico

I booked this cruise for my boyfriend and me (26 & 22 years old). It was my second time cruising, my first cruise was on the Disney Dream & he had never been on a cruise before. We were on a budget and had 4 different ships to choose from. I chose the Elation after reading the reviews and because it left from New Orleans (we stayed a night in New Orleans and LOVED this city). I noticed in so many reviews that people love to complain about the tiniest things. We had an interior room on the 4th floor and it cost us 240$ a person. For that kind of money you can’t be that picky. Our room was bigger than we thought it would be and it was clean and did not seem as dated as other people have complained about. Darwin was our stateroom steward and he was funny, kind and very helpful.

We had no problem finding a chair on one of the decks during the sea days, which was important to me. This ship takes you to Mexico with beautiful Caribbean weather. What else could you ask for? The first port, Progreso was so-so. It is definitely a rundown little Mexican town. We made the most of it and walked to the beach and lay on some nice beach chairs which were owned by a restaurant and drank their margaritas. At the end of the day we rented a wave-runner from some guy for 20 minutes just to try it out. Cozumel was amazing. The water was turquoise and beautiful. We snorkeled and had perfect weather. The restaurant Fat Tuesdays was a bit of a rip off and I don’t recommend eating there.

The food on the ship was good. The buffet food was decent and we really liked the sandwich place that was open for most of the day. The food was not amazing but like I said earlier, you can’t expect to eat like a king when you are paying less than 50$ a night. I recommend this ship to younger couples looking to get away. We had an amazing and romantic cruise and every day since we have gotten back my boyfriend has told me he wishes we were still on the cruise. My advice to you is to be laid back, enjoy your vacation, don’t look for tiny faults that might make you dislike the ship, and have a couple drinks. You can’t go wrong with a ship that takes you to Mexico. We are already saving for our next cruise on Carnival.

Publication Date: 02/07/14