Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Whitebridge

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Whitebridge
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: Whitebridge
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

3 day sampler cruise

As my title indicates this was a sampler cruise - are they not meant to make you want to sail on Voyager of the Seas again?

First of all I have travelled on RCI in the past out of Fort Lauderdale on Oasis of the Seas 6000 passengers and had a fabulous time, great cabin, great food, no lining up for anything.

I knew Voyager was an older ship, but I thought the excellent food and service of RCI would be a worldwide experience. So wrong. Food in MDR was terrible, it seemed to have been sitting in a warmer for hours. Our table had 8 ladies seated and on the first night two min meals were sent back. Second night four of us ordered calamari and sald for our main mean, some of us were lucky and we got 4 calamari rings and others 3, on a plate of lettuce and three croutons. Breakfast in MDR took 2 hours and eggs benedict looked as if it was left over from the day before. One bar bad no limes for Corona's "no limes on the ship", guess what I ordered a sprit at dinner and it had a lime in it. There seemd to be no bar staff around the pool areas you had to go to the bar youself and wait in the line for at least 15 minutes.

However staff at our table in the MDR were fabulous.

Would I travel with RCI again, yes I would give them one more chance however I would pick a newer ship and maybe not one from Australia because no cruise line seems to give as good a service out of Australia and they tend to send their older ships and charge Australians top dollar on a per night rate.

Would I go on Voyager of the Seas - no.

These are just a few comments from many I could write.

RCI email a survery for you to complete, which I did and I have not received any acknowledgement whatsoever.

Publication Date: 02/07/14