Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by MikeACY

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by MikeACY
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: MikeACY
Cruise Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Celebrity Constellation-Jan 2014, just got back!

Here is a summary of our cruise experience on the Constellation.

-Customer service department PRIOR to the cruise. Rude and unhelpful. They couldn’t care less about my issue. They left a poor impression on their cruise line. I told them if I wasn’t already booked, I would cancel my trip.

-Embark: Simple and easy.

-Ship: Clean, well maintained.

-Interior State Room: 6905. Larger then most. Some reviews said they were small, but this cruise was the opposite. Probably one of the best rooms I ever had whether it was a balcony, exterior or interior.

-Staff: Unlike the customer service department prior to this cruise, everyone was extremely friendly and seemed to enjoy their jobs. Our room steward was great, and our waiters on table 312 late seating were excellent.

Food: Buffets were as most cruise lines. Dinner was the same. My only big disappointment was there was no lobster on formal night. I was told they only give lobster on 7+ day cruises…ours were 5. I told them I just came off a 5 day cruise on Carnival in November and they gave us lobster. I was told lobster was available at one of the premium restaurants for $35 a person.

Attire in the main dinning room was business casual, except on formal night where a jacket is required. However I did see a few people wear blue jeans and another with dress shorts. I heard that on 5 day or less cruises they are more lenient.

-Brunch: Don’t miss it! Ours was offered on our last full sailing day from 10am-noon. Very good.

-Entertainment: Main theater shows were better then most cruises. They had 6 singers instead of the usual 2, and they were excellent. The last night show was really good. On other nights there was a comedian one night and a magic show on another, all in the main theater. In the other lounges I was disappointed with the entertainment. I’m not sure if it was the season, but I would estimate the average age of the passengers to be around 70, I’m in my mid 50’s. Therefore the music/shows in the lounges catered to that age group. I didn’t want to go into a lounge and here violins playing. A piano bar would have been nice (none offered, if there was I’m sure they will be playing classical music on this cruise) and there was no “night club”.

-One thing that really stood out on this cruise was the Captain. Although very professional, he was extremely funny, funnier then the cruise director. He made jokes when he introduced his Chief Crew personal, he took part in a “liar’s” show, and he and his crew members had a volley ball tournament with the cruise passengers in the main pool. Most captains you see once and that is it, not this one. He made the cruise that much better!

-Bar service: A big difference from other cruises I have been on. No one was walking around the pool deck, or anywhere for that matter, to take drink orders. Except for one or two personal pushing a beer cart, if you wanted a mixed drink you had to walk up to the many bars at the pool or around the ship. Now I didn’t find this a problem for this was the lowest bar bill I ever had on any cruise, but I could see where some passengers may not like the fact that they will have to get up off their lounge chairs to get a drink.

-Disembark: Easy, we docked at 7am, had to be out of the room at 8:45, and we were off the ship by 9:15.

-Summary: ship is nice, clean, rooms bigger then most, cruise staff friendly right down to the Captain. Our stops in Key West and Cozumel were on time and longer then most stops (10 hours at each port). Don’t forget you can bring on a 750ml of wine per person, soda (not sure of the amount but I brought a 12 pack) and water. You can email me with any questions you may have.

Publication Date: 02/07/14