Carnival Victory Cruise Review by electronikxbooom

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Victory Cruise Review by electronikxbooom
Carnival Victory
Carnival Victory
Member Name: electronikxbooom
Cruise Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Better Ships ~ Though not bad for a cheap deal

There are way better ships out there, than the victory. We found the victory a bit dated, showed signs of wear and not very fun. We got on board for 172$ each for an inside... so I got what I paid for.

FOOD: The food was the worst I had ever endured. Don't bother with chopsticks, nor the main buffet.. totally inedible. It also had no variety, same every day! The Breakfast was decent, but how can you go wrong with an omelet made to order? The Ruben Sandwich at the Deli station was decent. The evening main dining was a hit or miss. The waiters were all nice, and were made to put on a cheesy show, they seemed to enjoy it.... I thought it was a lame attempt at fun..

FUN: Like another review said.. WHO WAS THE CRUISE DIRECTOR??? I have been on a few cruises ships where we wondered if the cruise director ever slept.. you heard or saw them everywhere having fun, engaging the passengers. On this ship, Goose was the director, although you never heard or saw him. The production show was alright, you can tell the dancers and singers worked hard with what they were given. Not much in the way of on board fun during the day. The hot tubs are not hot, lukewarm at best. The ship layout was not easy to navigate.

The Spa: I opted for one of the deal, and I has a Ukraine girl.. I cant remember her name, but she was extremely rude, and literally beat my body.. I seriously hurt. The other 3 people I was with had a different girl, who they said was amazing. I did get refunded.

Ports: Half moon Cay (private island owned by carnival) was INCREDIBLE, just breathtaking. My Favorite Island I have ever been to is Providenceales, Turks and Caicos. The water is crystal crystal clear and the sand is like icing sugar.. Its ranked in the top beaches around the world, and I have never found another beach that compares! Half Moon Cay Does. Too bad you cant just spend a week there! Tendering to this island was painful, but worth it. Wait in line to get a ticket, then wait for your ticket number to be called for a tender. We waitied 1.5 hours. And we were the first ones in line!

Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos is nothing special. I didn't the reef & rays excursion for 69.99. Worth it!

Nassau Bahamas seem like am ok spot. I didn't get to see enough of it. Senior Frogs was fun! Expensive Drinks @ 36.00 for 2 drinks. I did the deep water swim with the dolphins at Atlantis.. not worth the 199.99$. But its a one time thing. Atlantis on the other hand was pretty impressive.

Publication Date: 02/07/14