Grand Princess Cruise Review by 2ndtwinlovestocruise

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Grand Princess Cruise Review by 2ndtwinlovestocruise
Grand Princess
Grand Princess
Member Name: 2ndtwinlovestocruise
Cruise Date: November 2013
See More About: Grand Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Grand Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Grand Princess Deck Plans
Find another Cruise Line

I have been on almost all the different cruise lines and I have to tell you this was the WORST I have ever been on!

I will start out First to say I have Medical issues and need to use a Wheel Chair for boarding long walking, and have a very difficult time with stairs. I took this Princess Cruise with My Twin Sister, As I always do I notified them of my Medical Issues and I was assured there would be no problem.

Let's start with getting onto the Ship! On every Cruise I have been on, the people with Wheel Chairs go first to avoid the Huge Crowds trying to get onto the ship, We got to the Terminal very early, They handed out numbers to the people in Wheel Chairs and I had #3 to be put on board prior. I noticed after waiting 3 hours, that when the terminal area was getting really crowded and that they started taking the people in wheel chairs near the entrance where they boarded. I called over several of the attendants assisting as I then noticed they took the people by number, I was #3 and it looked like all the wheel chairs were there except mine, I kept asking when someone was going to bring me over, and was told they will check and never did! I finally saw the porter that brought me up and he commented that I should have been the 3rd person to board and did not understand Why they left me. So now they had to

try to get me through 3 lines of passengers waiting to get Boarded, as many of prior Cruisers Know that the area is narrow and jammed one person on top of each other trying to get onboard, we had a terrible time trying to get through and people's carry on bags were hitting me in the head and arm!

I was outraged!

Rooms.: The room itself was very nice looking, the Bathrooms had Sewage orders and the beds were hard as rocks, now, some people like that but I don't! I asked for bed topper as I was up the entire first night due to the hardness of the bed. I got one that was pencil thin and hardly helped, I asked for another and never got it. Then there were issues with Water leakage in several rooms and they had to put fans up in the halls for hours and you could not get into the room! The smells were awful and I have environmental Asthma and it makes things worse.

Food: AWFUL in the dinning room, hot food was cold, cold food warm, they could not cook meat the way

I liked it and was told it was pre-cooked and they can't change it, so I stayed away from any beef or chicken. the only somewhat good food was the Buffet's.

I was at a table of 8 and everyone was unhappy and some of them told me the same complaints about their room as well and they were stuck on a 2 week cruise.

Shop's : OK, for some who haven't been on Cruises I guess they don't know better, yet since I am a seasoned Cruiser I was not a happy camper ! first there were only 2 shops on one floor and to get to the other's you had to walk down stairs which I have a hard time doing ( I am not overweight and someone who can't I have Knee issues) there were 2 elevators that went downstairs to the other shops however, they were so crowded you had to wait forever to get on.

other ships I have been on have all the shop's definitely more than 4 down a long promenade deck and its wonderful, I am a shopper and like to browse, I was very disappointed as well.

Casino: OMG to get to our Dinner you had to walk though this TERRIBLY SMOKY casino! they had maybe one night non-smokers can use it , and it STUNK of smoke at that time as well!

again, I have been on many cruise ships and never had this issue.

The Pursers Desk: Again, terribly disorganized, they did have HUGE crowds all the time, they had a rope off area but there really was no one there from stopping the line crashers or had no way to organize large groups traveling together and if you had to do transactions it was a night mare!

Entertainment: it was ok, not enough activities as other ships. If I had to take a 10-14- or 16 day cruise I would be board out of my mind after the first week!

Overall, I was very unhappy about the Ship!

I did complain and did get a call back and they offered me a free cruise, for which I answered that I would never go on this ship or any Princess ships as I see that the sewage issue and the bed and food complaints seem to be a all around issue.

BIGGEST COMPLAINT: I now want to take a Hawaii vacation and come to find out that Princess lines the exact same ship I complained about which apparently the issues 2 years later were not fixed is the only ship line going there from LA to LA or San Fran to San Fran. there goes the 15 -16 day cruise I wanted to go on. How is it that with as many complaints as they have gotten in the past years they have not fixed the issues? They stated some of the ships were dry docked and refurbished yet, I see in the reviews that the issues I mentioned were still there! What is going on PRINCESS, most first timers don't know the issues and I guess your reasoning is deal with it, which to me is not acceptable!

I love Cruising, I have been on as I said many Cruises and never had as many complaints as I did with your cruise line! I want to go to Hawaii as I said but don't want to fly there to take the cruise and be rushed, I hoped to find other ships that went there leisurely so I can more time at sea to enjoy the Sun and the on board experiences.

Publication Date: 02/03/14