Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by mochaandhearts: Newbie Cruiser Experience

mochaandhearts
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Newbie Cruiser Experience

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Background: I had heard so many wonderful things about cruising from my parents who are avid cruisers. They are Diamond members with Royal and have always boasted about the cruise line. We knew that when the day came for us to take our first cruise, we would take a Royal cruise. My husband and I travel a lot, but have never cruised. So when the opportunity presented itself, we took a chance. We decided to book through a travel agent, and once that was done, we made sure to learn as much as we could about the ports we would be visiting.

Ship Information: Once we were ready to book, we were advised against taking on an itinerary of more than five days. Boy, are we glad we listened. I think that a four night itinerary is perfect for a first time cruiser. Furthermore, Enchantment is a wonderful ship to experience first-time cruising on. The ship is manageable for someone who has never cruised before. Everything is very accessible and kept clean at all times. I cannot stress to More you the importance of this.

Service: What stuck out to me the most was the high level of customer service provided by Royal Caribbean. The staff on board Enchantment was exemplary, and we couldn't have asked for more. Everyone from the bartenders to the poolside attendants was wonderful to us, and respectful. I work in the hospitality industry myself, so I know good customer service when I see it.

Cabin/Cabin Attendant: As I previously stated, the ship was kept clean at all times, which brings me to my biggest rave. Our cabin attendant was amazing!! I’m a complete neat freak, and he absolutely exceeded my expectations. He was knowledgeable about the ports we would be visiting, and was always available to answer any questions we may have had. Our cabin was just what we expected. Small, but comfortable and very spacious in my opinion. We wanted a comfortable, clean place to sleep and get ready in. It met our expectations, and then some.

Dining: The same can be said for our dining experiences. Chops Grille was wonderful! My parents always rave about Chops, so we knew we had to try it. We have some great steak houses in Orlando, and Chops is wonderful as well. We also enjoyed our dinners at the MDR. For breakfast and lunch, the Windjammer always had great options. However, I did notice they were a bit limited on gluten free options, which was odd in my opinion. I’d do extensive research on options available to you if you are a gluten free eater.

Entertainment: There were some okay shows. Nothing amazing in my opinion, and my three stars in that aspect highly reflects that. With that being said, my husband and I did not take this cruise to sit in a theater and expect to be WOWed. We took this cruise for the sun and the ports. If you and your family want good entertainment do your research.

Summary: Overall, I’d give my experience a solid five. I believe that is in part attribute to my doing a lot of research on my own and taking the time out to create a cruise guide that would help me keep everything right on hand. That is just my personality of course, but I do believe it helped. Cruise Critic was an incredible source of information, and fellow (veteran) cruisers are very welcoming in sharing all their cruising knowledge with "newbie’s." I can now safely say that I am addicted to cruising and will continue to enjoy our accessibility to embarkation ports here in Florida. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas 8593

We did our fair bit of homework when selecting our cabin location, and with us being first time cruisers we knew we wanted something mid-ship. This particular cabin is right off the elevators leading to the Centrum, which can be both good and bad. My husband and I are not light sleepers, so we didn’t mind zoning off to a bit of music at night. However, if you are a light sleeper then any cabin near the Centrum is not a good option for you.The cabin is spacious enough in my opinion. I make it a habit to unpack when we travel, and there were plenty of drawers to place our personal items, as well as closet space for our clothes. We had two large suitcases that we stored in the closet as well (one inside the other for added room), giving us plenty of room to walk around.I will say that good cabin attendant makes all the difference and your own personal hygiene as well. My husband and I are neat people, so we don’t tend to leave things lying around and are generally very organized. Our cabin attendant kept our room spotless, and it was one of the things best highlighted in our cruise review.The flat screen TV and built in vanity were of great use while we got ready for the day’s activities, and the bathroom was the perfect size as well. Again, if a lot space and a window is important to you, then this is not the cabin for you; any interior cabin for that matter. We did not spend a lot of time in the cabin, only slept and got ready. The rest of our time was spent enjoying the sun.

We absolutely loved Coco Cay. It’s the type of island you think when you say, I want to travel to the Bahamas. The day was beautiful, nice and sunny. The beach is kept very clean and there are little hideaways throughout, if you want some extra peace and quiet. Barefoot Beach was highly recommended to us; however we like the area just off the Jet Ski ramps a bit more.

We did book the Jet Ski excursion, through the cruise line and loved it! It was a lot of fun and the instructor was very knowledgeable. We spent the day drinking Coco Loco’s and lounging otherwise. We didn’t take advantage of the BBQ at the beach, because it got a bit crowded at that point. Overall a great, relaxing beach day.

Read 217 CocoCay Reviews

Resort Day Pass

(5)

We decided to book a resort day pass, because we had heard so many wonderful things about Sheraton in Nassau. We had such an amazing time. The beach was clean and quite, the staff was amazing, and the pool area was wonderful. I know my husband, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! You can purchase the resort day pass upon arrival, or through an independent company online.

A few tips: Take a Jitney (#10B) to the resort. The Jitney’s can be found near George Street, just off of the Straw Market. We paid $1.25/pp. A taxi will be about $15-20.