Celebrity Eclipse 5

Cruise review of Celebrity Eclipse

wweaver107
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

We sailed on the Eclipse again after trying many Princess cruises. I was thrilled to get back to Celebrity. The Eclipse is huge-but you never fell crowded. Many bars, plenty of seats in the theater. Entertainment was WAY above normal cruise fare> Almost shockingly good. Our most pleasant surprise was the food. Best we ever had on a cruise ship. No need to go to the specialty restaurants- the main dining menu was fantastic!! Of note was the crew- EVERYONE greeted you in some way when within three feet. I believe that the Captain set the tone for the crew- he was outgoing, pleasant, and friendly.

Things I love about Celebrity that I did not find on Princess: Towel service at the pool! No need to drag towels from your room as Princess makes you. Pool butlers were plentiful and diligent. Purell stands all over the place- very important these days. Stateroom attendants: we had 2. Princess gave us one. Del was our head guy- a great guy and wonderful attendant.

One More drawback (similar to other ships): SMOKERS!!! Bad news. Although they are limited as to where they can smoke, you walk down the stateroom halls and smell smoke from the staterooms, even though it is forbidden. Cruises must enforce their no smoking policies through the room attendants. They know where the smokers are. Make them report smokers to Management. Don't allow smokers to ruin it for everyone else.

We had a sunset veranda on deck 8- facing out the rear of the ship. If you like sunsets, get this room or one like it.

Overall, I would rate the Eclipse an A++ Less

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

8344
Cabin was super clean. Was attended by Del, a real Professional.

Published 02/07/14

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review

Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?