Star Clipper Cruise Review by TaraC

Member Name: TaraC
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: St. Maarten
Cabin Category: 01
See More About: Star Clipper Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Star Clippers Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Star Clipper Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Star Clipper Deck Plans
Best trip of my life with one issue only.

Our cruise started in St martin. This was a trip my husband won through work, the entire boat was chartered by this company. We were greeted warmly with a cool towel, snacks and tropical drink upon arrival. The boat was extremely clean and well kept. After checking into our room (would recommend asking for a larger room- very small) we were able to leave the boat for the afternoon and explore the island. Embarking/disembarking was a very quick and easy process. We returned to the boat for dinner. I will say this was my main complaint. The main dishes served at dinner were not great. Meats were a bit tough. All other courses were good though and we had a good selection. Servers were flawless and had it down to a T. Breakfast and lunch were much better. I would recommend having dinner off the boat when possible. After dinner there was entertainment at the tropical bar. This was so much fun! Nickola played dance music each night and we enjoyed him so much! Igor was our bartender and he was prompt and had a great sense of humor.

Excursions were wonderful! We were accompanied by Matt from the Clipper each time and enjoyed his young energy. We enjoyed kayaking in St Kitts and the ATV tour in St. Barths was so much fun! The seas were rough at night (apparently worse this time of year), but we didn't mind. We enjoyed "adventure sleeping". Our room was made up 2x a day and kept very clean. Liked the chocolates on our pillows each evening. Peter (cruise director) and his staff were all very accommodating and did everything to make our trip more enjoyable. I would recommend going with a group on this trip. The people we hung out with were my husband's co-workers (although we got to know them a lot better on the trip), so it made it fun dining with them each night and doing excursions together.

So, other than sub-par main entrée and rough seas, it was still the most amazing trip I have ever taken. Something about that gorgeous ship made the whole thing so romantic too. Loved the staff and would definitely do the Star Clipper again (just work on that food a little bit guys). The memories we made here will last a lifetime!

Publication Date: 02/07/14