Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by vbeltran: Princess and Houston = Disaster

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

Princess and Houston = Disaster

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Houston

We have traveled 10 times with Princess and have always had great experiences until our December 2014 trip from Houston to the Western Caribbean. We had multiple problems before even boarding the ship from waiting in a parking lot for over two hours with people urinating around us because no bathroom facilities were provided to standing outside in the cold for over an hour just to enter the terminal to being told that our kids had to check in via a different line because they weren't Platinum members.

Once we were on the ship, we were so disappointed with the service. Usually, there are multiple crew members who go above and beyond. On this ship, the crew seemed miserable. In fact, when the ship was delayed, one waiter told us, "What do I care; I'm just a slave on the ship."

Another issue is the cleanliness of the ship. On one of our sea days, I went into the bathroom by the pool area. Two toilets were out of service and the others were running over. I think only one More toilet was working. It was absolutely disgusting. Also, 3 out of the 5 of us (in two different cabins) ended up with multiple bug bites. At first, I thought they had happened on land, but then I realized that we woke up with them. I firmly believe there were bed bugs. At one port, there was a huge stack of mattresses that they had taken off the ship which made me wonder even more.

The entertainment was also sub par. Though we hadn't traveled with Princess for a year, we had already seen all of the production shows. The movies were all old, and the music groups were just average.

The final nail in the coffin was being told that we were going to be arriving a day late and spending hours to make alternate arrangements only to have that change the next morning. We had two hours to reschedule yet again and get off the ship.

I would describe this cruise as chaotic with a lack of communication. It feels like because the ship never arrives or leaves on time due to the Houston weather, the crew is frustrated. When we returned, I called Princess' customer service and sent a detailed email complaining about our experience. I received a generic reply that the weather is out of their control. Okay, but it is in our control to choose another cruise line. We will be doing just that. If Princess doesn't respect their customers, there is no hope. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess A727

Cabin was small, but comfortable. The inside cabins are awesome if you like it really dark when you sleep.