Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by tjustin01

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by tjustin01
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: tjustin01
Cruise Date: January 2014

First non-Disney Cruise

I've sailed five times on Disney so I was nervous about my first Royal Caribbean experience. It was my friend and I, both in our early 30s.

With the port being much larger than Port Canaveral, it was also more chaotic but the taxi got us there and out without problem. It seemed a little disorderly but we found someone to take our luggage and got into the extensive line for security, which moved very quickly. I can't believe the number of people that were carrying luggage on with them. I didn't even know this was an option. The terminal was definitely very basic, but it did the job and we were checked-in and ready to board without much fanfare.

Compared to Disney, here are my areas of comparison:

Pool areas - more extensive than Disney but definitely not heated

Dining - Windjammer quality was very low but main dining room sand MyTime dining was awesome

Aesthetics - Disney wins on this one, better overalls ship upkeep and decor

Spa - Disney also wins but I won a free treatment so I can't be too hard on it

Activities - Both offered extensive activities

Shows - Surprisingly Liberty wins this one due to the variety...Saturday Night Fever was spectacular

Stateroom - Disney wins for quality and decor

Service - Disney wins by far, not one staff member greeted us in passing in public areas

Cleanliness - Disney wins and Johnny Rockets was disgusting

Gym - Huge and extensive

It's a tough comparison overall. If money was no object, I would sail Disney again. However, Liberty's prices are about 1/2 of Disney so the value award would go to Liberty.

Publication Date: 02/07/14
Read the Western Caribbean ports review by tjustin01
More Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews

More Royal Caribbean Reviews
The Norovirus Curise
amazing crew and cruise!!!

Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review