MSC Divina Cruise Review by mrccmd@optonline.net

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > MSC Divina Cruise Review by mrccmd@optonline.net
MSC Divina
MSC Divina
Member Name: mrccmd@optonline.net
Cruise Date: December 2013
Cabin Number: 9th floor
See More About: MSC Divina Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Divina Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Divina Deck Plans
Big Disappointment

We booked this cruise because friends of ours were going and begged us to come with them on the Divina. I have always been a RC and Celebrity person but because of our friends and my husband being Italian I figured we would be treated to a wonderful Italian experience...... Well far from the truth... within 15 minutes of being on board I fell to the ground ... FELL .. flat because the floor was wet and I know wetness to be expected on a ship the common areas outside were very slippery and dangerous. No one would be around to clean up or watch for these areas. I cut my foot and my toe turned purple I went to Medic to get bandaid or something but no one around went to main lobby area and at the desk informed them of my fall and the person at the desk didnt even ask my name or how I was or where the incident had occurred .. eventually she found a bandaid...WOW...

food was ok entertain was ok the outside common areas were always dirty with other peoples coffee cups dishes etc left without some to clean up all day. Lots of Italian crew with white suits walking around but not doing much of anything No supervise of the staff I and my friend would every day try to get some to clean up the areas. Difficult to get drinks very slow staff and they did not speak English most staff from Thailand so a significant language barrier Dangerous as one in our group had a treenut allergy and no one could understand us not even the supervisors in the main dining room...HUH??? I don't usually write a review unless really pleased or really disappointed.. I even sent a letter to VP of Public Relations and 3 weeks later no response .. to me that just reflects MSC 's disregard for their guests...I dont think I will be returning anytime soon

Publication Date: 02/03/14