Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Cowichan

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Cowichan
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: Cowichan
Cruise Date: January 2014
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Number: u161
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Great old ship!

Wow, was I surprised by this old girl. This was my 10th cruise and after reading some unfavorable reviews I was not expecting much. I had nightmares of spending 16 nights on an old tank.....very far from the truth.

Is she a bit dated.....yes but over all very clean and well maintained. The resort style pool was the best that I have experienced. Never an issue getting a deck chair, and the service was over the top great. The staff, all of them, were outstanding. I missed the fridge in my cabin, but my room steward kept the ice bucket full. We chose assigned seating for dinner, and it was awesome. We heard complaints that the food was less than warm in the other dining room for "Your time dining" but ours was delivered in time and always warm. This was our first Fantasy Class ship and we would sail on it again, very well done. I wish they would build new ships with this design, bigger is not always better.

The Panama Canal was awesome, as well as all the ports on this trip, we loved Columbia and Cabo.

I hope the people in California enjoy this ship as we did, she is a great addition to the west coast.

Publication Date: 02/07/14