Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Cowichan: Great old ship!

Cowichan
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Great old ship!

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

Wow, was I surprised by this old girl. This was my 10th cruise and after reading some unfavorable reviews I was not expecting much. I had nightmares of spending 16 nights on an old tank.....very far from the truth.

Is she a bit dated.....yes but over all very clean and well maintained. The resort style pool was the best that I have experienced. Never an issue getting a deck chair, and the service was over the top great. The staff, all of them, were outstanding. I missed the fridge in my cabin, but my room steward kept the ice bucket full. We chose assigned seating for dinner, and it was awesome. We heard complaints that the food was less than warm in the other dining room for "Your time dining" but ours was delivered in time and always warm. This was our first Fantasy Class ship and we would sail on it again, very well done. I wish they would build new ships with this design, bigger is not always better.

The Panama Canal was awesome, as well as all the ports on this More trip, we loved Columbia and Cabo.

I hope the people in California enjoy this ship as we did, she is a great addition to the west coast. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Imagination u161

Great beds as usual, TV a bit on the small side, but a flat screen. No fridge, this was a disappointment, but I was aware prior to sailing. Also no Blow dryers for your hair.