Subscribe today
Get Cruise Critic in your inbox

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Sweet_Misery

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Sweet_Misery
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: Sweet_Misery
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category:
Cabin Number: 8233
Booking Method:
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   4.0 out of 5+
Dining 4.0
Public Rooms 4.0
Cabins 4.0
Entertainment 4.0
Spa & Fitness 4.0
Family & Children Not Rated
Shore Excursions 5+
Embarkation 4.0
Service 4.0
Value-for-Money 4.0
Rates Not Rated
Write a cruise review!

Show the Lowest Price
Departure Month
Please select at least one vendor.
American Discount Cruises
Sponsored Links:

red arrow

Ship Facts: Carnival Miracle Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Miracle Deck Plans
Second Time on the Miracle

This was our second cruise on the Carnival Miracle. We had previously sailed on the Miracle in 2010, going out of Florida. This was my first cruise sailing out of California. I was sailing with my parents. We spent a couple of days in Huntington Beach, visiting my brother and his wife, before the cruise.

Sunday: We took a taxi from the Long Beach Airport. It was a flat rate of 45 dollars from the airport to the cruise ship terminal. The taxi dropped us off where the parking garage is, and that is where the porters take your luggage. We are VIP, so we got to wait in the Captain’s Lounge right outside the dome. Then we went through the dome, going through security and getting on the ship. We were on board at 12:45 PM. We ate lunch in Horatio's. It was Italian and they had strawberry cake pops. We were in cabin 8233, a balcony room. We had a view of the Queen Mary and the Dome. We got our luggage rather quickly and were able to unpack. We had the muster drill at 4 pm. I sat on our balcony and watched the sail away from Long Beach and Sunset over Catalina Island. We ate dinner in the Bacchus dining room at 6 pm at table 233, a table for 6. Service was really slow. Only us three showed up. I had fruit, sweet and sour shrimp, and Black Forest cake. We asked for table reassignment because the table was in the back of the dining room and not wheelchair accessible, like they say it is. We watched Up or Out game in the atrium, which involves trivia and the glass elevators, based on the show Cash Cab. We watched the ballroom dance class to a Michael Buble song and Game Show Mania in the Phantom Lounge.

Monday: We ate breakfast in Horatio's. I love the Double Chocolate muffins. We were pretty close to the elevator and could go right up to the buffet from our room. We went and looked through the photo gallery and shops. We went to the Fun Ashore Talk and Shopping Talk in the Phantom Lounge. We ate lunch in Horatio's, which was serving American food. I had some cheesy potatoes with pot roast, with Key lime pie for dessert. It was our first Formal Night. My Mom and Dad got interviewed for the cruise weekly video, while we were waiting for the dining room to open. We got moved to table 209, a table for 3 in front of the dining room by the stairs. Our waiters were Zoran, Raymond, and Dudik. I had the strawberry bisque, prime rib, and diet banana gateau. The waiters performed "That's Amore." We had our photos taken against a red backdrop. We went to the Mad Hatter's ball to see the comedian, Stanley Ullman. He brought three kids on stage and asked them questions. The main show was Generations, a tribute to 1930's to 1980's.

Tuesday: We ate breakfast at Horatio's, before getting on a tender. There are fifteen stairs to go down to the tender, so one of the workers had to carry Mom’s wheelchair while Dad and I held on to her. We tendered into Cabo San Lucas, Mexico around 10 am. This was my first visit to Cabo. We went shopping and Mom collected free charms from the jewelry stores. At the shopping talk, they gave us a treasure map to get stamped in various jewelry stories. The fourth and final one is clear downtown by the airport, so we were unable to get that one, due to our scheduled tour. We went on the Whale Watching and Coastal cruise for two hours, from noon till two. It was amazing! They took us past Land's End, Lover's beach, and the Arch. They gave us pineapple juice, potato chips, and Oreos. We saw humpback whales flap their fins and tails, and blow water out of their blowholes. After our tour, we got back on the tender to sail back to the ship. There was one really drunk lady in a bikini, crawling over people, licking the tender workers, and biting the finger of a guy who was trying to help her walk. She walked head first into the security poles. We were back on board the ship at 3 pm. We ate lunch at Horatio's and it was Caribbean food. I liked the beans with rice and the banana cream pie. We took a nap, while we were sailing away from Cabo. We ate dinner in the dining room. I had the fruit, the chicken breast, and warm fig and date cake. The waiters performed "Shake Shake Shake." We went and looked at our photos and the shops. We went and played, Guess that Song and Gender Showdown. I had a raspberry smoothie. We had to set our clocks an hour ahead.

Wednesday: We docked in Puerto Vallarta at 8:30 am. This was my first visit to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I watched us sail in and dock next to the Crystal Serenity. The port is right across from a Sam’s Club and a Walmart. Dad and I saw two stingrays swim between the cruise ships. We took a cab for 4 dollars a person and went shopping downtown at the Malecon, which is a boardwalk. Dad was supposed to go on a snorkeling and kayak tour to Los Argos, but it was cancelled due to lack of participants. We took a cab back into port. We had pizza for lunch, as the French food didn't seem that great. The pizza is thin crust and delicious. Mom and I watched the Crystal Serenity sail away and the pirate ship come back. We ate dinner in the Bacchus. I had peach soup, farfalle with turkey and peas, and bitter and Blanc. The main show was a Mexican Folkloric Show, with dancers and a mariachi band from Puerto Vallarta. We set sail at 9 pm, so we sat on the lido deck and watched the sail away from our room.

Thursday: This was our second day at sea. We ate breakfast at Horatio's. We went and look at our photos and the shops. Mom's wheelchair kept setting off the security alarm in the photo gallery, for some reason. We had to sail back up to the bay of Cabo San Lucas to evacuate one passenger for medical reasons, so a tender had to meet us with a gurney. They took the passenger off and took him or her to the nearest hospital. We got to sail past Lover's beach and Land's End again and see some more whales. While we ate lunch, we saw the people dance for the Groove for St. Jude. They danced to the "Cupid Shuffle," "The Wobble," and "Cha Cha Slide." Lunch was Italian. I had some chicken fingers and vegetable pasta, with some fruit for dessert. We went and saw the Newlywed Game. It was our second Formal Night. We ate dinner in the Bacchus. I had the cherry soup, chateaubriand, and baked Alaska. The waiters performed "Gangnam Style." The comedian was Seth Buchwald. He did improv comedy with one of the social hosts and people from the audience. The main show was Ticket to Ride, the tribute to the Beatles.

Friday: This was our third day at sea. We ate breakfast in Horatio's. We went and looked at our formal night photos and the shops. We ate brunch in the dining room, because we had a free drink coupon. I had the Mac n cheese with chicken, a peach smoothie, and a Caramel salted brownie with raspberries. Dad went on the backstage tour and got to see all the costumes and makeup areas. For dinner, I had the mango soup, chicken fettuccini, and the warm chocolate melting cake. Our waiters sang, “Leavin’ on a Fun Ship.” We went and listened to a band and a singer/songwriter, Tommy Green Jr.

Saturday: When we woke up, we were back in Long Beach. We were in Zone 1. We disembarked the ship in the morning right after breakfast. We had to go through customs before we got our luggage. Right as you get out of the dome, there is small desk that says Transportation, where you can ask for a cab. We got to the airport at 10 am, and were able to check in our luggage early for our flight at 3pm. We ate lunch at the food court. The George’s Greek place is really good.


Publication Date: 02/07/14
Read the Mexican Riviera ports review by Sweet_Misery
More Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Miracle review Read the next Carnival Miracle review

Like This Review?

Register for a Meet & Mingle!
More Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews
Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review
Carnival Cruise Deals
Carnival Message Board
Write a cruise review!
About UsAdvertisingEditorial DisclaimerPress
PrivacySite MapStoreSubscribe

Thank You For Signing Up!

Please Note: To ensure delivery of your free e-letters, please add to your address book.

We're committed to protecting your privacy and will not rent or sell your e-mail address. By proceeding, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.