Ruby Princess Cruise Review by sunseeker21

Ruby Princess
Member Name: sunseeker21
Cruise Date: January 2014
Cabin Number: A610
See More About: Ruby Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Fun Cruise!

Left on a 5 day Princess cruise onboard Ruby from Ft Lauderdale. Reason I went was because of the promotion they are having for a free cruise since I am booked with them on a 7day cruise to Alaska in May of this year. We had sailed on princess once before and had loved it. We especially like their movies under the stars venue. Embarkation was pretty fast, we arrived at terminal at 2:30 pm so most of the crowds had gotten on ship already.

Pros: Nice ship, had 5 pools which I liked, and also the ports of call. Room steward was good, room very clean except for the carpet, showed wear but clean. Rooms nice in size and so was balcony.

Cons: very small showers, smallest Ive ever seen and we have been on alot of cruises with all the diff cruise lines. A large person def would not fit in there. Food was average in the Lido Deck but very good at their 2 restaurants. Never went to the pay restaurants. I noticed on this cruise that we had a hard time/language barrier with most of the crew. Most of them did not understand us. Also some of the crew not very friendly/serviceable like in other cruises we have taken. One major con: The itinarry was changed and we were not informed. When I asked the front desk about it, they said they could chg itinarry if need be but did not give us reason why. If I had booked a private tour on cozumel like I wanted to it would have royally messed me up since we were suppose to be there on tuesday and arrived there monday. I usually book all my tours through independent and not the cruise lines, thank heavens they were all sold out for the tour I wanted to take. We originally were suppose to have been in cayman on monday and cozumel on tuesday. We were in cozumel on monday and in cayman on tuesday; also the hours on the islands was cut short. I have been on alot of cruises and never has the itinarry change. Weather was great(not a factor) and seas were smooth.

If you visit Cayman you must do the stingray/beach tour which is awesome and the highlight. Book thru independent and save money. In cozumel we booked the Salsa and Salsa tour which was great. I was surprised to find out that this tour is only offered thru the cruise line (nobody had mention this).

I love Princess' under the Stars theatre. We got to watch the Playoffs all day sunday while in the pool and got to see many movies/concerts under the stars. They give you blankets, popcorn, cookies, love it. Didnt get to see most of the shows because we hung out mainly in the casino, but the comedian was good. All in all it was a great cruise and I would def recommend Princess and the Ruby.

Publication Date: 02/07/14