MSC Divina Cruise Review by dunedinduo

MSC Divina
MSC Divina
Member Name: dunedinduo
Cruise Date: January 2014
See More About: MSC Divina Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Divina Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Divina Deck Plans
What a diffeerent experience

The Divinia is a very pretty ship. It has a beautiful theatre, which has no columns, and the seats are staggered so you can see. Our ocean view room was large, with a lot a close space. In the bathroom, the toilet is two inches from the shower, so you have to push in the sides of the shower to use the toilet. That being said, I felt like a sardine in a can. The public areas, buffet, gym, and pool deck areas are much too small for the number of passengers. You cannot get a seat on the decks, in the buffet, or use the gym equipment do to the number of people. It ruined the whole cruise for me.

Service is mixed. Dining room service was almost the best I have ever had on a cruise. Waiter and asst. waiter from Indonesia kept the water glasses filled, provided me iced tea each night without asking, and kept coffee cups filled. Supervisor stopped by the table each night to see how things were going. Dinner is a five course meal, so it will take 1 1/2 to two hours. If you order only a salad and entre, you will have to wait until your other table mates have gone through the appetizer and pasta courses until you get your entre. Room service was weak, as it was the first day on the job for our room steward, and he was not property trained. As such, one day the room was not made up until 2PM, we had to ask for towels, and also to replace dirty glasses. Our dining table mates had excellent room service, and had towel animals at night, something we did have. As far as bar service, I gave up after three days getting the bartenders to make a Manhattan on the rocks for me. The first night, I was overcharged for the drink, but as I had an on-board credit, I was not concerned.

Embarkation is easy. They give you a number when you check in, and then you go to the TWO boarding ramps to get on the ship. Unfortunately, there are not enough seats in the terminal to for all the people. Disembarkation is also easy. They give you a number and where to meet and at what time. Carry off is between 7 and 7:30. They disembark from the upper decks , so if you are on a lower deck, you will wait until 10-10:30. I recommend that if you can carry off your luggage, do so. When I picked up my luggage in the terminal, the wheels were missing. We also had to wait 1 hour to get through customs, as they did not separate the Americans from the Foreigners, as other cruise lines do.

Entertainment is very good. There is a separate show each night in the theatre that is worth seeing. There was also excellent entertainment in the lounges. On thing they did was constantly offer dance lessons, which was a nice touch.

The ship was very heavy on Europeans. As such, all announcements were in 5 languages. as well as the menu's. Other unique features were no urinals in the men's public rest rooms and no water fountains. They were very casual on getting you use the hand sanitizers, if you could find them, and you could not use the gym unless you had on sneakers. There is more, but you can draw your own conclusions.

Prices are reasonable, children under 11 travel free, they offer on-board credits, and there was no single supplement for singles booking near the cruise date.

In conclusion, I have to say that this was one of the poorest cruises I have been on. It was not the service, but for the first time ever, it is the design of the ship and the packed public areas that ruined the experience for me.

Publication Date: 02/07/14