Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Shelbyscout

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Shelbyscout
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Inspiration
Member Name: Shelbyscout
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
See More About: Carnival Inspiration Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Perfect for a quick getaway

Two of my girlfriends and I decided to take a 3-night Baja cruise as a girls getaway, leaving the kids at home with the hubbies. What a fantastic trip! We picked Carnival because of the price, but I felt that the cruise was worth much more than we paid for. We will definitely do this again. The ship was in great condition. A few dents and bumps from normal wear, given how frequently they turn over passengers. Our stateroom was very clean and larger than I expected it to be. Since there were 3 of us, our room had two twin bed in an L shape and one that pulled down from the ceiling. I volunteered to sleep on top and found the bed to be very comfortable. Nice and firm, but not like sleeping on a rock. The linens are really soft and cozy. The bathroom was serviceable. The floor was a bit inelegant, reminding me more of a budget hotel or even a hostel than an expensive cruise, but that was fine given what we paid. I did deduct a star because on our last night, the drain in the bathroom backed up and we had the most awful sewer smell--we opened the stateroom door to try to air it out and could hear people in the hallway commenting on how bad it was. To Carnival's credit, maintenance showed up within 10 minutes of our call (this was past midnight) and snaked the drain, then automatically called housekeeping to sanitize the floor. No problems after that. The food was just okay. Plentiful, but nothing to write home about. Service in the main dining room was fantastic and our server didn't bat an eye when I ordered 3 appetizers as my meal. We did Your Time dining and that worked perfectly. We liked our server so much we requested him each night. The only wait we had was waiting for one of his tables, otherwise we would have been seated immediately. We did a lot onboard activities from trivia to karaoke, and the pianist in the piano bar was very talented and a lot of fun. We never ran out of things to do--in fact, we decided that next year we'll do a 4 night to get to the things we missed this time around. Our service was impeccable. Our fellow cruisers were definitely there for the "fun" but aside from a couple of disruptive people, we had no problems striking up conversations and enjoying the company. I've sailed on two more luxurious lines, but this cruise really hit the spot for a quick and affordable getaway.

Publication Date: 02/07/14