Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by psycoalienman: A First Time Cruiser

Overall Member Rating

A First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I suprised my wife for her 60th Birthday with this cruise as we had been talking about cruising. Getting on board was pretty hassle free but somewhat time consuming. This being our first cruise I tried to do as much research as I could but we learned some tricks like even cabins on one side and odd on the other, higher numbers in back (I think) lower in front, Over all it appears that this was an OK trip but I don't have anything to compare it to.

Food: Overall pretty good. Ate at the Pinnicle Steak House and was disappointed with the steaks but not with the staff or the other food which was excellent. Food in the Main resturant Golden Pearl was always very good and the wait staff was pleasant but they were servers, not waiters who could take care of their guests. Our lead "waiter" Imade was very pleasant.

Real entertainment was absent with the main show of singers and dancers being just OK if that. Shore excursions were OK but I found better "deals" independently so More check them out before you leave.

Our cabin was suprisingly quiet from noise from other cabins but a lot of noise from the hallway. Our balcony cabin was comfortable, especially the bed. It would help if the towels and robes were a bit softer but the robes were a nice touch. Over all the price was right even though we spent as much on the cruise as we did for the cruise. Less

Published 02/06/14

Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X