Carnival Dream Cruise Review by giannasgrandma: Back to Back on the Dream

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Back to Back on the Dream

Sail Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I sailed on the dream on Jan. 11th to the Eastern Caribbean and again on Jan. 18th to the Western Caribbean. What a great time! This was our 8th Carnival cruise and our first time on the Dream. We have both deemed this to be our favorite ship to date.

Our first week, we went to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. The only excursion we took was in St. Thomas. We took the ferry to Trunk Bay Beach in St. John to go snorkeling. Trunk Bay is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, in my opinion.

We just walked around shopping and sightseeing on our own in Nassau and St. Maarten since we've been to these islands on numerous occasions.

The following week, we were doing the Western Caribbean. We visited Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Roatan. Our tour to Xunantunich in Belize was cancelled the night before we docked. I don't know why, but I'm guessing maybe it had something to do wth goings-on in Guatemala. We just spent the day walking around More the port shopping area and dining at the Wet Lizard. Terrific local food and just a fun place. The conch fritters were some of the best I've ever had. You have to try the meat pies, too!

In Cozumel we took the La Casa en la Playa tour. What a fabulous day! We were brought to a beach bungalow with about 25 other people and were waited on hand and foot all day. We snorkeled in the crystal clear water, ate local cuisine specially prepared by an amazing chef, drank delicious concoctions and even got to hand feed a peacock. This was my favorite tour of the entire two weeks.

We visited the Mayan ruins in Costa Maya. That was a lot of fun and we even saw monkeys in the trees during our walking tour.

Whilie in Roatan we went to Mahogany Bay Beach. It was pretty, but ended up raining shortly after we arrived. We ended up just going in and out of all the shops in the port area.

The comedians in Punchliners were hysterical and the shows in the Encore lounge were soooo good. We had nothing but great experiences onboard.

I must say, the staff and crew of the Dream are second to none! We had the best time. Our head waiter Oswaldo was awesome! Shane, the Maitre D' ... helllooooo! Loved him! And Vikas in the jewelry store was great. So much so, that we stopped in just to see him almost every night of our two week vacation.

I certainly would not hesitate to book another cruise on the Dream. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Upper 6365

Typical balcony stateroom. For no particular reason I always choose a cabin on the starboard side.